Monday, September 15, 2008

Not yet, but close.


Since Brad will be out of town for my birthday we decided to have a birthday weekend. Yes, I will be 30 years old on Wednesday. Lucky for me I still have a couple more days in my twenties. It was a wonderful weekend. Brad really made it a fun birthday for me. He got me a new camera because I need a camera to take lots of pictures of our cute little baby and I need to practice before she gets here so that I know how to use it!

We went bowling with my family. I love bowling, but I really didn't do so hot. Why, well let's just say that most of the time I was trying not to send my little baby down the alley with the bowling ball. It was harder then I thought it would be. I was beating Brad so I didn't feel to bad, until he got five strikes in a row. Where did that come from? In the end even my niece Emma beat me, she got second place!

That night Brad and I went to the Tree Room up at the Sundance Resort. When we walked in I saw a guy that looked like my dad. Wait a minute, that is my dad! Surprise! My family was there. So we had a very nice evening eating yummy yummy foods and talking about the fact that the night I was born there was a huge snow storm.

On Sunday the fun continued with yummy homemade alfredo and marinara sauce with spaghetti and tortellinis. I love pasta! For dessert I had to go with my mom's delicious german chocolate cake! It was so good. Thanks Mom! My sister, Grandma Stone, and Grandma Bushman all decided that they wanted to match me, so we started a red shirt club.

I realized when I saw all the candles on my cake that the jokes that I have been saying on my parents' birthdays about having a fire extinguisher handy now apply to me! Wow, that is really crazy!

I am very excited about everything that's going on in my life right now. I am very thankful to have such an amazing husband and wonderful family and friends! Goodbye twenties, hello thirties.

11 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday yo! I love ya! And I am looking forward to calling you old, just kidding...I think! Have a super birthday week! Milk it for all it is worth!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday celebration!!! I am glad you spent so much time with those you love - that part is the best!!!

    Happy Birthday soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVE!!! YOUR LAST DAY TO BE 29, LIVE IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Brittney says...Happy birthday eve! I hope that you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Shay! We love you. We'll be stopping be tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embrace those thirties! You look fabulous - more like 25. Speaking of which I will be 25 - a quarter of a century - next month so I guess I don't feel so bad about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Official Birthday! I love you and I hope that you have a great day....I will be bringing you a sweet gift, so I am sure that you will! (This is my 3rd comment on this one post, I think that is my personal record!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAY!!! We hope that it is a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Shay!! You are so beautiful! I love reading your blog! I hope your birthday is the best, even if Brad can't be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the good life of the thirties. Don't worry you're still young and cool. I don't doubt you'll keep up whith the little lady just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cute little belly. Enjoy it. It will be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete