Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Celebrate Good Times!

Eight years ago today I married my eternal companion Brad.  It was a beautiful day!  It was perfect weather, everything about that day was perfect.  We got married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.  I remember having butterflies in my stomach and just being so excited and nervous.  When I sat down next to Brad before we got married a calm peaceful feeling came over me.  That is one of the qualities that I love about Brad, he can always bring peace into my life.  He knows exactly what to say to bring a smile to my face.  I am always happier when I'm around him!  We have had so much fun together these last eight years.  Happy anniversary Brad!  I love you!

For our anniversary vacation we went up to Park City for a couple of nights this last weekend.  It was relaxing and fun.  I think that Aleah's favorite part was staring at the fire!  Brad is taking me out to dinner tonight, just the two of us.  I'm very excited!

I also got to celebrate my first Mother's Day.  What a special day it was!  I cried Sunday morning just thinking about how lucky I am to be the mom of this sweet sweet little girl.  She really does bring so much joy to my life!  I can't believe how wonderful it is to be a mom!

Aleah turned 5 months old today!  She is just such a cutie!  She is really good at rolling from her tummy to her back.  I was lucky to be able to get this picture!  Tummy time only last a few seconds these days.  She is getting really close to rolling from her back to her tummy.  I think that she just doesn't want to be on her tummy because she will just balance on her side, get the toy that she is after, and then she's right back on her back.

She is getting so coordinated with her hands and she can scoot around on her back.  She's got places to be and toys that she's got to get to!  I love the sweet expression on her face in this picture!

She is still a very happy baby!  She loves to laugh and giggle and smile and talk and talk and talk.  She is a talker!  In the mornings I love listening to her talking in her crib.  I will stand by her door and just listen to her.  Well, honestly, I'm usually in bed listening to her!

She is getting pretty good at sitting up.  She only needs a little support.  I like to let her practice on our bed because when she tips over it's a soft landing!

She now sleeps from about 8:30 at night to 6 or 7:00 in the morning without even a peep.  It is wonderful!  I love my five month old baby girl, she is so much fun!

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are a Mother!! It was worth the wait - Aleah is a wonderful child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture is the last one! She's darling and I'm glad that you are an official mommy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on eight years. That is so awesome. I love Aleah's eyes. They are so strikingly beautiful. It's kind of sad that I have still never met her. I'm excited to see her in person. And happy official mothers day. Isn't it the best to just hold your little one on mothers day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that last picture! What a cutie! I'm so glad that you brought her to the bridal shower so that I could see her! We are very blessed to have such wonderful children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! I love all the darling pictures of Aleah too! What a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm a little late...Happy 8th Anniversary to you guys-that's exciting! Cute pictures of Aleah, she is getting so big and what a cutie pie too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. She is such a doll. She is so smiley! Loved this post for LOTS of reasons!

    ReplyDelete