Monday, April 18, 2011

Disney Cruise Part 1

I decided to post about our Disney Cruise vacation in parts because I don't have a lot of time and I know you don't want to read a really long post!    I could just say that we had so so so soooooo much fun and that could cover it, but I will go into more detail so that you can get a feel as to how much fun we really  had.  I know that my words can not describe all the fun that went on so you will just have to go on a Disney Cruise so that you know what I'm talking about!  If you do, we will go with you.

We left Saturday afternoon right after the kids woke up from their naps.  I tried to pack light.  We ended up checking one bag.  We had two carry-ons, two backpacks, a camera bag, two strollers, a pillow, and of course two cute kids.  We are so thankful that we traveled with Brad's brother and his family and Brad's sister and her family.  They helped us haul, push strollers, and entertain kids.

Our flight left around 5:00 pm Utah time and landed in Orlando Florida around 11:00 pm Florida time.  So we had dinner, let the kids play for a bit and then we got them ready for bed.  We were very hopeful that they would sleep that last half of the flight.  Yeah right!!  I guess that they are like me.  I can't sleep on airplanes.  Luckily, they did really well.  They played with their cousins, and rested for a couple of minutes at a time in between pushing the buttons on the TV and any other buttons they could find.  As soon as we landed and were taxiing in they decided that they could go to sleep.  They were almost asleep when we had to get off the plane.  Silly kids!  They both loved  looking out the window at all the lights.  Cade was so cute, he would just sit there for minutes at a time.


Then began the waiting, waiting, and more waiting.  Brad called for a shuttle to take us to the hotel, but because we had to wait FOREVER for our bags it was full by the time we got out there.  So we stood around waiting for him to come back.  20 minutes later we were on our way to the hotel.  Reminder, Cade and Aleah are still awake!  We finally got to bed around 1:30 am, which is four hours later than Cade and Aleah usually go to sleep.

Sunday morning we slept in a little, ate breakfast, hurried and packed up so that we wouldn't miss our shuttle that was suppose to pick us up right at 11:00 am.  You guessed it, we waited and waited and waited for about 45 min.  Once we were on the bus, Cade fell asleep, yay, and Aleah played with her cousins.  It was about a 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral.  As soon as we could see the boat everyone started cheering!

As we were standing in line waiting to check in so that we could get on the boat I noticed that I couldn't find my pillow.  Oh no!  In our rush to wait for our shuttle I forgot to grab my pillow off of the bed.  This pillow is wonderful.  It is a contoured pillow.  I have been using pillows like this since high school. I use to wake up with migraines.  My neck is a little messed up from gymnastics.  This pillow and regular chiropractic adjustments make it so that I hardly ever get migraines any more.

So as I realized that I didn't have my pillow I started crying.  I was crying as we were checking in, trying to look my best for the picture for our key cards, but it was hard because as silly as it sounds I was really sad.  After we checked in we met up with our family so that we could load the boat together.  My brother-in-law ask what was up and I told him my sad story.  He got on his phone and called his pilot and told him to go and get my pillow and bring it to the boat.  Brad called the hotel and they were unsure if they still had it.  They said that they would call back if they found it.  We only had about an hour and a half to somehow get my pillow on the boat.  But there was hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment