Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just my thoughts

So this post is on the personal side.  I also use this blog as my journal and I have been feeling like I should post about some thoughts that I have been having about this life here on earth.

I remember when I was a little girl, maybe 5 years old, I was laying in bed one night thinking about earth and heaven.  The thought came to my mind, "If Heavenly Father is my Father then who is His Father and who is His Father..."  I could not sleep, this was blowing my mind!  So I called for my Mom who always has all the answers.  She simply said that there are some things that we just don't know and we won't know until we get to heaven.  What?  Seriously, that is your answer?!

There are many questions like that one that totally blow my mind when I think about them.  While listening to Elder Brimhall, a member of the seventy who spoke at our stake conference a couple of weeks ago, some of these mind blowing questions entered my mind again.  I have been thinking about these questions and really letting my mind be a little consumed by them.

A few days ago Aleah fell asleep during her quiet time and when she woke up she wanted me to hold her.  So I sat down in her rocking chair and she fell back to sleep.  As I sat there, for about 20 minutes, I started thinking about how much I love her and how she is growing up so fast and moments like this are getting fewer and fewer.  Then I started thinking about my life on this earth and all the mind blowing questions that I have.  As I started thinking I remembered that back in the day when I probably knew the answers to my questions I chose this.  I chose to come to this earth!  I knew what life was like before this earth life and I knew what it was going to be like after this life and I chose to come here.

That fact gives me the ability to agree with my Mom.  There are somethings that I don't know.  Somethings that I don't have the ability to understand right now.  But Heavenly Father has given me access to the things that He wants me to know and the things that He knows that I have the ability to understand right now.  I can study the scriptures, listen to the prophet and apostles and other leaders of the church.

I have to do all I can to make this earth life a success because when I understood the things that I don't understand right now, I chose this.  I wanted to be here and I fought to be here!  I am so incredibly thankful for the knowledge that I have that I am a child of God.  I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide me and help me to know which way to go and what to do here on this earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment