The Santa Party is a party that I have looked forward to since I was Aleah's age! I love Santa, he is a wonderful family friend. It is so much fun to get to watch my kids sit on his lap and talk to him just like I did growing up.
I started preparing my kids for the Santa Party a few weeks ago. I talked to them about who Santa is. I told them that he can sometimes be really loud and silly. But that he is very nice and not scary! I told them that they get to sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas and then he will give them a candy cane. I could tell that Aleah pretty much understood. But when I asked her what she was going to ask Santa for Christmas she would say, "A candy cane!". Cade understood that Santa says, Ho Ho Ho.
When we knew that Santa was about to get there Brad grabbed Aleah and I grabbed Cade. We sat down in the big room to wait. We told the kids that Santa was coming and reminded them that he was not scary! Santa came in and Aleah and Cade did great. They even laughed at all his jokes (those of you familiar with Santa know what I'm talking about when I say, jokes)!
Aleah was the second kid to sit on his lap. She was so excited and ran right up to him. She told him that she is three! He talked to her about her birthday party and asked her what she wanted for Christmas. She was about to tell him when he said, "Should I bring you something for your doll?", she said, "Yes!". Cute girl. I just really wanted to hear what she was going to say! She gave him a big hug and loved the candy cane he gave her.
As Aleah was getting her candy cane Cade realized that he wanted in on that. He jumped off my lap and ran right over to Santa! He sat on Santa's lap for about 5 minutes! He was so happy sitting with Santa. His cousins decided that if Cade was happy with Santa then he must be safe and they started going up to sit with him. Cade just continued to sit with Santa until they all got their candy canes. I couldn't open it fast enough for him!
I am so thankful that my Grandma still does her Santa party. I loved seeing Santa and I loved spending the evening with my extended family! I don't get to see them enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment