New Year's Eve was a party day for us this year. We loved it! In the morning we met at my parents' house with my family to celebrate Christmas together. We played Bingo, opened gifts, and at our traditional Christmas morning crepes. This year I made some gluten free crepes and some yummy sugar free chocolate berry sauce. It turned out delicious, I loved it! Going along with Christmas traditions we played the Wii while the kids had naps. Some of the older kids got to play with us this year. Aleah loved it!
Then we switched gears to New Year's Eve. We cooked up some amazing stakes. After dinner we brought in the new year with the kids. We got out the pots and pans, counted down, and then we all went crazy making as much noise as possible. One of my all time favorite New Year's Eve parties yet! We all did a toast and then my brother and sister and their families headed home. We went home too, but my parents and my Grandma Stone came with us.
We got the kids in bed and then we partied some more. We watched a movie and then as tradition we brought in the New Year with the East Coast! It was a wonderful day.
I have two resolutions this year. The first is to follow the counsel of President Thomas S. Monson and gain a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father. I loved how he said that he has conversations with his Father in Heaven on a daily basis. As I listened to him talk about his relationship I longed to have that kind of a relationship as well.
The second is to not get frustrated when my kids make little messes as we are cooking together. I have been cooking a lot more and I love that my kids always want to cook with me. I really want them to feel that I love having them help me. I don't want to run them off by getting frustrated with their little spills. They are kids and they are just learning!
I love the beginning of a new year and I am looking forward to seeing what adventures this year holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment