We had such a fun Easter this year! Aleah and Cade were really into it and super excited. On Saturday we colored our eggs. They had a lot of fun drawing on the egg with their white crayons.
They were excited to see their eggs change colors as they put them in the different color dyes.
Cade had to do his, "by self!" and so I had to keep reminding him to be soft, but he did a great job and only cracked one a little.
I think that the puff painting of the eggs was their favorite part. Aleah did little dots and Cade did big circles.
After breakfast on Easter morning we went downstairs for our Easter egg hunt. At first the kids would pick up an egg, open it, eat the jellybeans, and the look for the next one. After a few minutes I finally convinced them to find all the eggs and then look inside. After the hunt I looked in their baskets to see if I needed to even it out a little and found that they both ended up with the same amount of hard boiled eggs and the same amount of plastic eggs! I think it was because Aleah would find an egg that she felt was a "boy egg" and she would put it in Cade's basket for him. She is such a nice sister.
We took a few pictures of Aleah and Cade in their Easter clothes.
They did a good job posing for the camera and then they got a little silly!
After church we went to my parents' house. We had another Easter egg hunt and some yummy dinner.
They both helped each other find their color of eggs.
Brad and I got to go on a date right before Easter to watch, Savior of the World, which our stake and a neighboring stake put on. It was really good! It was a great way to start our Easter weekend. I am thankful that Jesus was resurrected. What a blessing it is that we have the ability to live with Him again!
I don't know if you have ever experience this or not, but throughout my life there have been days that I miss my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I long to be with them! My parents' have told me that when I was really little, maybe 3 years old, I said, "If I go out in the street and get smashed flat as a pancake then I can go see Jesus." I'm not saying that I want to die because I am so not ready, but I would like a little visit every now and then!
I am thankful that we have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost so that we can feel our Savior's love, guidance, and forgiveness every day if we are worthy of it!














No comments:
Post a Comment