Monday, June 18, 2012

Moving on up and Family Reunion

While Brad was in California for WWDC (Apple Conference) last week, Cade got moved up to the 3 year old gymnastics class.  He is only 28 months old, but he is really good and he did great with all the big kids.  

In this picture he is waiting for his class to start.  A few minutes after I took this picture the gym filled up.  It's a little crazy during the summer!

We went to Red Butte Gardens with some of our favorite friends.  We all had a wonderful morning!

We had dinner at my Grandma Stone's house.  During dinner we could hear a helicopter right outside.  When we looked out the window we saw that the mountain right up from my Grandma's house was on fire.  It was pretty exciting for the kids to watch the helicopter dump water on the fire.

Aleah and Cade also enjoyed playing in my Grandma's downstairs park.  She has a swing, teeter-totter, hammock, and a little zebra bouncy toy.  They loved it and it got us out of the heat!

I made some quiet time bins.  I love this idea because these are things that we had around the house that Aleah doesn't really play with anymore.  Now that they are in a bin and she can only play with them once a week, they are fun again.  She is so excited to see what's in her bin each day.  I have building things, drawing things, creating things, learning things, and audio books.

Brad got home from California late Thursday night, went to work for a little bit on Friday, and then we went up to BYU's Timp Lodge for his Barlow family reunion.  We had so much fun with his family!  There was a huge swing set that was awesome because we could get swinging really high.  I think that is the swing set that I want in my new back yard!  That's right, I said new back yard, we are building a new house.  We just got our lot and we are going in to the design center to choose all the colors and stuff tomorrow.  We are excited.  Sorry for that little sidetrack, I will post more about that later.

We had yummy food, a huge slip and slide, olympic games, skit in a bag skits, family history trivia (which was very funny), crafts, finger nail painting (Aleah choose an ugly green color with silver glitter on top for me, it came off the minute we got home and the next day she kept asking me what happened to my nail polish), matching tie-dye shirts, and a dance party every night.  Watching Aleah and Cade dance was one of my favorite moments of the whole weekend.

Tonight was the first night in three weeks that Brad ate dinner at home with us.  Our home was filled with excitement and surprise when he got home from work today.  These statements from the kids pretty much sum it up:

Brad just got home:
Cade:  "Daddy!  Daddy, shoes off?"
Brad:  "Yes, Cade, I have my shoes off."
Cade:  "Yay!  Daddy home!  Daddy, no work anymore?"
Brad:  "That's right Cade, I don't have to work tonight."
Cade:  "Yay!" (jumping up and down)

At the dinner table:
Aleah:  "Sometimes I just miss you guys Daddy!"

We really miss Brad when he is gone.  But we are so thankful that he has a good job and that he is a hard worker!  We love having him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment