Brad had to go to Texas last week at the last minute. We really missed him! Aleah and Cade were just getting over a little cough thing that they got while we were at the cabin. So it was tuff. But we celebrated Aleah's half birthday with some friends at Thanksgiving Point.
Every time I look at Aleah I can't believe how grown-up she looks! She is such a joy and such a chatterbox! She loves to tell us stories or as she says it, "I need to tell you a question.". Tucking her in bed takes a little more time now because she always has so much to tell us. When we say, "Good night Aleah, I love you." she will say, "I love you too." and then we have to respond or she says it again and again getting louder each time.
When all the fires were going on we talked about remembering to pray for the firefighters. Her prayers became stories. "Please bless the firefighters that they can get the hose and spray water on the fire to get the fire to go down.".
The other day we were playing hide and seek. It was Aleah's turn to seek. Everyone hid, I hid in a suite case that was on the floor by my closet. I didn't quiet fit so my head was on the floor right next to the suite case, but I closed the suite case over my back. Aleah walked past me three times and then Brad tried to help her find me. It went something like this:
Brad: Aleah, is Mom over here? (walking over by the closet)
Aleah: Nope!
Brad: Are you sure?
Aleah: (walking into the closet and stepping on my hair) Nope, not over here.
Me: I could not hold it in any more and so I started laughing!
Aleah: I found you Mom! (She had no idea why I was laughing so hard)
She is like her Mom, she loves to be upside down whenever possible!
She loves her brother! She loves to make up games and teach Cade how to play them. She loves spending time with him. She has just started teasing him, ugh! She knows what bugs him and she loves to push his buttons. But most of the time she is a very caring and loving sister. Always looking out for him and making sure that he is taken care of.
If there is music then there is dancing!
She is such a cute friend! It is cute that the kids in her primary class always want to sit by her. And when we get together with friends the first few minutes are spent running around screaming because they are so happy to be together. This is Beckham, Cade, Aleah, and Boston, ready for the wagon ride.
Riding the horses was the highlight of their day!
A quick story about Cade. As we were getting ready to go to Thanksgiving Point I gave Aleah and Cade two quarters to put in their little coin purses so that they could feed the ducks. They made sure that they didn't lose their coin purses because they were very excited to feed the ducks. When we got to the ducks I told them to get out their money so that we could feed the ducks. I helped Aleah get some duck food. When I turned around Cade was standing by the fence and his coin purse was open on the ground. I looked in the purse and his money was gone. I said, "Cade, where is your money? Let's feed the ducks.". He looked at me with a big smile and said, "I did! I did feed the ducks Mom!". Sure enough, there were two quarters on the ground inside the fence by the ducks! Luckily, we were able to reach the quarters and we got him some duck food.




No comments:
Post a Comment