I am way behind and haven't posted in a long time because I filled up the memory in my computer. Brad told me that I couldn't put ANY more pictures on my computer until he fixed it. So I have been waiting and now I feel a little overwhelmed because I have so much to post about. But, I'm thankful to have my computer back, thanks to my wonderful husband, and I will try to get caught up.
On August 1st Cade turned two and a half. This boy is growing like crazy! I think he is going to catch up to Aleah in height pretty soon. Seriously, look at how tall he is!
He can ride his new strider balance bike like a pro now, even down the big hills. The other night Brad took the kids for a bike ride to the school park. On the way he stopped to talk to one of our neighbors. Cade continued on. Brad wasn't worried, he thought that Cade would stop and wait. He kept an eye on him and then looked away for one second, when he looked back he couldn't see him anymore. He thought that Cade must be around the corner playing with a dog. He visited a little more and then he went with Aleah to catch up to Cade. As they came around the corner they couldn't see Cade. They continued up the road and still no Cade. When the school park was in view Aleah said, "Cade is up at the park!". He rode his bike all the way to the park, even crossed the street, all by himself. I was not happy to hear that he crossed the street, but very thankful that he made it safely!
He loves to climb on everything. He is super strong and is doing really good in his gymnastics class. His favorite event is usually bars.
He is still a hugger. He always has a hug for me and anyone who wants one. He has just come up with a fake cry. He uses his fake cry when he is trying to get something or after he is done crying sometimes he will extend his crying with his fake cry.
While sitting at the table we have been talking about boys and girls. We will go around the table and say who is a boy and who is a girl. When it is Cade's turn he always says, "Boy (Brad), Mommy (Me), Girl (Aleah), Boy (Cade)."
He loves his sister! They love playing hide and seek. The other day I was doing my hair and I overheard them playing hide and seek. This was what I heard:
Aleah: Cade, it's your turn to count.
Cade: Oh (As he ran off to go count)
Aleah: Wait Cade, cover me up with these pillows first.
Cade: Ok (Covered her up and then ran off to count). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, ready I come! Anybody in here? (As he looked in Aleah's room) Nope! Anybody in here? (As he looked in his bathroom) Nope! (Then he ran over to the pile of pillows) I found you! Yay! Your turn Aleah. (Then she covered him up with the pillows and ran off to count).
Cade's prayers have really taken off! He used to say his prayers so quiet that we had no idea what he was saying and we would just watch him to see when he unfolded his arms and then we would say, Amen. Now he says them a little louder so that we can hear them. They usually go something like this:
Father in Heaven, bless Daddy, cups, food, placemats, oatmeal, blueberries, almond milk, sippy cups, Daddy's placemat, Mommy's placemat, Aleah's placemat, my placemat, this (pointing to something), house...
We have all decided that he takes after his Grandma Great when it comes to prayers. Which, I think is great. I love listening to everything that he comes up with to include in his prayers!
One more quick story. Cade has always been quite the comedian in our family. Lately, I think because he is talking so much now, he has been making us all laugh at the dinner table. He says the funniest things! One night he had us laughing so hard that I said, "Cade, you crack me up!" then Aleah said, "What? Quack you up! QUACK QUACK QUACK!". We could not stop laughing!



No comments:
Post a Comment