There is something about Brad's birthday. Eight years ago we closed the day after his birthday on the house we are in right now. This year we got our permits for our new house back from American Fork city around his birthday. We are very excited!
Brad and I went out to dinner for his birthday at Harvest at Thanksgiving Point, a few days before his birthday. It was on a Tuesday and so we learned that on $2 Tuesdays at Harvest it's buy one entree get the second for $2. Awesome! I think we will have to make that his new birthday tradition.
On Brad's birthday we spent the morning out on Utah Lake. It was a little cold for me, but so much fun!
Swimming is always a favorite thing to do. Notice that I am not swimming, burr!
Cheering for the wake boarders and trying to warm up after their swim.
Brad is always fun to watch!
Aleah and Cade have got the flag thing figured out.
I, of course, didn't get a picture of it, but my Dad got his biggest jump ever.
It took all I had to get myself in the water. I'm glad I did because I had a great time. I look totally out of control here, but I landed it and it was awesome!
My Mom is amazing and she always goes last which means she usually ends up with the worst water.
Aleah and Cade were so totally excited to ride in the tube with Brad. They loved it and stayed in even over some pretty big bumps or in their words, "The biggest bump EVER!".
That night we went on a family date out to dinner and then to a park. Happy 34th birthday Brad!
On August 27th we went to our lot and our house was staked out. We had to check out all the pink lines and the property markers.
Aleah and Cade noticed that there are a bunch of rocks on our lot.
On August 28th they dug the hole for our house! The kids loved seeing the digger. While doing the actions Cade explained what happened, "And dig and dig and dig and DIG!".
My parents lived in Highland just a few blocks from our lot and we helped them finish their yard which had a ton of rock. We figured that our lot might be like that. Well, I'm pretty sure that there are more rocks than dirt!
Another thing that happened, Aleah learned how to ride her two wheel pedal bike. She has been riding a balance bike since she was 2 years old. So she already knew how to balance, she just had to figure out the pedaling. Brad helped her get started and off she went! Now she can also get started on her own.
As you can tell by the smiles, she LOVES it! It is her favorite thing to do. When we are trying to think of something to do she always says, "Umm, maybe could we go for a bike ride?". Today her favorite part of her day was riding her bike with her friend Tori.
Some cute things the kids have said lately:
One day we were driving to the Dinosaur Museum and there was a lot of traffic because it was a Tuesday and I forgot about $2 Tuesdays (for the month of August you can get into any of the Thanksgiving Point venues for only #2). There was a lady in front of me going very slow and when the light turned green she didn't go. I was a little frustrated with her at this point and didn't want to miss the light. So I honked my horn and said, "Go lady, go!". Aleah and Cade were very interested in why I honked my horn and I had to explain it to them many times.
When we got home Cade was playing with his cars and I heard him say, "Go lady, go lady! I no want crash you!". Ever since that day whenever he is riding in his little car or playing with his cars I always hear him say, "Go lady, go lady!". I guess I'm just glad that I didn't say something worse!
One morning we were having blueberry teff/buckwheat pancakes. Aleah had already eaten three pancakes when she started stretching and said, "I need to stretch so my pancakes can go down to my legs so I can have another one.".
While listening to music, at the beginning of most songs Cade says, "I know dat song!" and then instead of joining in, he starts singing the song from the beginning. I love it!






No comments:
Post a Comment