Cade has been having so much fun riding his strider bike this summer. He hasn't shown any interest in riding a bike with pedals on it, until last week. Last week he asked me if he could try riding Aleah's big bike. I wasn't too excited because I thought that I was just going to have to hold the bike for him the whole time. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when he just took of and I didn't have to do anything except help him get started and then catch him when he stopped, since he is too short and can't reach the ground! By the next day he was a pro. We had to borrow a bike from my parents since he was wanting to ride Aleah's so much. The seat on his bike goes down lower than Aleah's so he can actually touch his tippy toes to the ground. Which means that he can stop on his own now! He loves it!
Brad ran some wires for our speakers in our new house. His brother came to help him. It was nice, they were able to get it done really fast. Aleah had fun pulling the wire up as it came through the hole in the floor.
Aleah and Cade had a great time with their Uncle Todd. He helped them do some hammering and he even helped them write their names on the wall. I'll have to get a picture of their names. It was cute, they loved it!
The roof is done, the framing is done, and the 4 way inspection (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, framing) was done. Which we did not pass. We don't know why, we need to find out. All we heard is that they were being really picky. I'm glad to hear that they were being picky! It sets things back a bit, but makes me feel like I've got another person on my side making sure my house is built correctly. Our completion date is still November 26th.
We went down to Mel Hanks and Sons to order our appliances. Brad worked there after his mission so we buy almost all our furniture and appliances from them. We had a great time visiting and looking at appliances.
A long time ago when I was teaching I bought a 101 Spooky Halloween Jokes book. I thought that it would be fun to tell my class Halloween jokes during the month of October. Well, they are not very funny jokes. So I got out my joke book and sat down with Aleah and Cade to read them some jokes. This is how it went:
Me: Knock knock
Cade: Come in!
Me: You are supposed to say, who's there. Knock knock
Cade: Come in! Hahahahaha!
Me: Why does a witch wear a pointed hat?
Aleah: I don't know (with a face that says that she is very interested to know why)
Me: To keep her head warm.
Aleah: Oh, yeah!
The next day Aleah told me that she wanted to read me some jokes. She told me the pointed hat joke perfectly and then she told me another witch joke. There is a picture of some witches sitting around a table that has candles on it. The actual joke goes like this:
Why is a witch like a candle?
They are both wick-ed!
Aleah's joke:
Why do witches like to eat candles?
They are both wick-ed
Aleah's joke actually made me laugh!
I will leave you with one more joke that my kids enjoyed (they love reading the joke book)
Why do witches ride broomsticks?
Because they don't have bikes!





No comments:
Post a Comment