Monday, December 3, 2012

Packing and Packing!

We are doing really well packing.  I feel like we are right on schedule and we will be ready to move next week!  Even though I spent most of last week at my parents' office taking care of Aleah's head and neck and Cade got a terrible cough!  Can you believe it?  Our final walk through is one week from tomorrow.  I'm so excited that I just want to pack everything and move right now.

Saturday we got a lot done thanks to Brad's brother Todd who took Aleah and Cade for the morning.  They had so much fun!

While I pack, Aleah and Cade have been shredding all of our papers that have been piling up over the years.  They love it!  They shred until it fills up and then they tell me to empty it and then they shred until it stops because it is overheated.  While they wait for it to cool down they sweep up all the tiny papers that are on the floor.  They are the best helpers!  When I tucked Aleah in bed tonight said that her favorite part of her day was, "Helping pack!"   

Our new house now has countertops, sinks, light switches, some lights, a ceiling fan, toilets, appliances, and garage doors.

Aleah and Cade loved showing their new house to their cousins.

Oh, and our shower is almost done too.

For FHE tonight we took the kids to a living nativity in Alpine.  There were a lot of people there!  We heard that there was a hayride, but we didn't park in the right spot to get a ride and it ended up being a ride in a horse trailer.  So the whole time we were there Aleah and Cade kept asking us why there wasn't a hayride.  They enjoyed looking at the animals, there were even camels, and then we headed home.  We didn't have time to wait in the super super long line to see Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus.  We will have to go earlier next year!  I love this Christmas season.

2 comments:

  1. We went to that again this year, next year make sure to wait it out. It is so beautiful when you arrive to Mary, Joseph and Jesus. Oaklee has been talking about it for a year it was so impactful. Maybe next year we can go together!!

    ReplyDelete