Our Independence Day tradition is to go to Brian Head with Brad's family. This year it ended up that we were the only ones who could make it to the cabin. At first we thought that it was going to be strange, we have never been to the cabin by ourselves. We missed our family and Aleah and Cade missed their cousins, but we had so much fun together and it was nice to relax and enjoy the cabin just the four of us!
Thursday (the 4th) we went down to Parowan for the parade and celebration at the park. When I told Aleah and Cade to smile for the picture Cade said, "Aleah, take a picture of Mom taking a picture!" They are so funny!
The Parowan parade is so much fun. Aleah and Cade loved getting candy and seeing the firetrucks. Cade would wave and say, or should I say yell, to everyone who passed us, "Happy 4th a July!" When Aleah didn't get a piece of candy she would say, "I didn't get one this time. That's ok!"
They had fun jumping in the bounce house.
The highlight of the day, and what they were looking forward to, was running in the race. Cade kept starting to run before the guy said go and Aleah would quickly get him back to the line.
They kept looking over at each other as they were running.
After the race they both got popsicles and they shared with Brad and I!
We did some geo caching. Actually, Brad and Aleah did some geo caching. Cade fell asleep on the way so I stayed in the Pilot with him.
The dirt roads were so dusty, this is the dirtiest our Pilot has ever been! But, it was fun.
Aleah helped me make dinner.
We had to have smores and tell stories by the fire while we waited for it to be time to go to the fireworks!
This was the first year that we had Aleah and Cade stay up for the big fireworks show. Therefore, it was also the first time since Aleah was born that Brad and I have been to the big fireworks show. We got the kids in their pjs, put the seats down, and parked by the side of the road with the back of our Pilot facing the fireworks. We had so much fun!
We played Go Fish while we waited for the fireworks show to begin. It was funny to watch Cade, he was so hyper and could not sit still. He kept going over to the back window and saying hi to everyone.
It was the perfect setup. Before the fireworks started it started raining. We were protected from the rain and could see the fireworks perfectly!
When Cade was asked what his favorite fireworks were he said, "They go up up and then they all mix together." He showed us with his hands as he explained it to us.
It was so much fun. Aleah and Cade loved it! Toward the end of the fireworks show Cade sat down by me and said, "I'm all done with fireworks. I want to go to sleep in my bed now." As soon as the fireworks were over Aleah said, "I'm going to go to sleep on the way back to the cabin." Then she talked the whole way home. Haha, she's just like me! As soon as I lay down to go to sleep, I get really chatty.
The next couple of days at the cabin were very relaxing and fun. We had a great time taking the kids out on the 4-wheelers for the first time. We saw some deer, other wildlife, and beautiful views.
Aleah and Cade loved sitting together in the chair behind Brad!
Cade took this cute picture of Brad and I by the fire. He is such a good little photographer!
We always have fun running races on the deck!
On the way home from our wonderful vacation we stopped at a restaurant for dinner and Aleah got a balloon turtle bracelet and Cade got a balloon sward.
That night when we were home and I was tucking Cade into his bed he said, "I don't want to sleep in my bed, I want to sleep at the cabin!" It is safe to say that since we left the cabin, we have all been wanting to go back.














No comments:
Post a Comment