Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Moving up, again!

The trend for Aleah at All American Gymnastics has been that she is in a new gymnastics class for about 3 weeks and then she moves up.  Two weeks ago she was at her class and there was a TOPS coach at the gym organizing a new elite training class for girls Aleah's age.  TOPS coaches are the ones who train girls to go elite.  She was watching all the millions of kids stretching and saw Aleah.  She turned to Aleah's coach and said, "Who is that girl in the purple? I want her!  She has to be in the class!"  So… Aleah has moved up again!

She had her first time in the class last Thursday and completely loved it!  Her teacher was so impressed with her skill level, listening skills, and motivation.  She said that Aleah really has a lot of talent.  Which I have seen all along, but it is fun to hear it from other coaches.  If she continues on this elite course then eventually we would have to move to Texas.  We will see how it goes for her.  As long as she loves it then we will continue doing it.  I know that I still love gymnastics and wish that I could still be doing it.  I just need to find a Mommy class!

Aleah is the one in the middle.

When she did her vault her teacher, Jodi, yelled, "Awesome!"  Aleah said that Jodi told her, "I love it!"

Her class is right during the time that I coach at Jump Up Gymnastics.  So Brad is going in to work early and then taking an early two hour lunch break.  He picks up Aleah from Jump Up and takes her to her class at All American and then brings her back to me at Jump Up. Crazy, but it works for now.  We will see how it goes.  We are considering having me quit coaching to simplify things, but I don't really want to do that.  We will see.

Last week Aleah got her kick over on the floor.  She has been practicing and practicing and finally got it!  Her determination amazes me.  She was so excited to show me.  I love it!

Cade's new favorite word is, "Wowzers!"  It is so cute and I love how he says it.

We helped Brad put up the Christmas lights.  He prefers to put them on the house before it gets super cold outside.  I don't blame him!  The last two weekends the weather has been totally beautiful.  Now the hard part is waiting a couple more weeks to turn them on.

1 comment:

  1. Aleah is a machine! Congratulations to her. I can't believe at such a young age you are already considering elite teams. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete