Aleah is loving Kindergarten. She told me all about making a snowman for the Christmas tree. The next week I went to help in her class and as I passed by the tree I thought that I would look to see if I could find Aleah's snowman. The very first one I looked at was her's!
She is enjoying learning to play the piano in her music class this year. She picks up on it so quickly. She was excited to play a Christmas song at our Christmas party.
A few days before her birthday we were doing some Christmas shopping. Aleah bit into a cracker and felt something hard in her mouth. She spit it into her hand. It was her tooth! We all had a good laugh about that. She lost her first two teeth right before her sixth birthday. She lost them in the same order that she got them right before her first birthday.
This year Aleah turned 6. After watching the Frozen movie, forever ago, she started planning her birthday party. It was fun to work with her to put everything together for her party! As we were setting up for her family party I sent her around with the camera. It was fun to see the cute pictures that she took and the things that were important to her that I might not have taken a picture of.
As Aleah was taking pictures she started taking some goofy ones. Then she said, "Cade, come and take a picture of me like this!" I love it! She is so funny!
We started the party with a Frozen matching game. She planned all the games.
Pin the nose on Olaf was a lot of fun!
She asked her Uncle Nate to make cookies for her party. They were delicious!
Happy birthday Aleah! We had so much fun celebrating Aleah. She has brought so much joy to our lives. She picked chocolate chip pancakes for her birthday breakfast. She had to teach us how to make them. She knows how because she has made them with her Uncle Todd.
We planned Aleah's friend party for after school on her birthday. It was really hard for her to narrow down the invite list. She has so many friends! Friends from school, church, and gymnastics. When she got home from school we decorated her cupcakes. She wanted them to have white swirling frosting just like the snow and ice from the movie. They turned out really cute!
We did a build a snowman craft.
Ate a yummy cupcake.
Played pin the nose on Olaf.
And then who would have ever thought that it would be nice enough weather to go outside and play freeze tag? It was so much fun to run around outside on December 12th!
Aleah decided that she wanted to go to Temple Square for her birthday date night. After her friend party we headed up to Salt Lake City. We had some dinner at Blue Lemmon and then enjoyed everything that there was to see at Temple Square. It was a perfect night! It was so warm and not too crowded. It was gorgeous and fun to be together as a family.
This time Aleah really noticed the reflection of the temple on the water. She thought that it was so pretty. I love how much fun these two have together!
The next day after music class, Aleah and I were driving to my parents' house to pick up Cade. As we got to a stop light Aleah said, "Hurry Mom! I need your phone. I need to take a picture of the reflection of the mountains on that water. It is so beautiful!" Just as she said that the light turned green. I quickly handed her my phone and she snapped this picture right as I started to go. I love that she could see something beautiful in a mud puddle!
















No comments:
Post a Comment