Sunday, June 14, 2015

May! Our 14 year wedding anniversary and our family getaway.

On the first day of May Aleah and Cade had their music recital.  They have inherited Grandma Great and Grandpa Great Stone's musical talent for sure!  They did so well.  Aleah learned how to play the piano this year and Cade learned how to play the bells.  They were very excited for their recital. 

The best part was when Aleah and Cade got to play a duet.  They played, "I Am Learning How To Skip".  Aleah played the piano, Cade played the bells, and Cade's class sang with them.  They played their parts perfectly and stayed together the whole song.  It was so fun!

They both passed their classes and are ready to move on to the next class.

Brad got to go to California for his company's big conference called HUG (Hughes User Group).  I really wanted to bring the kids and go with him!  California and a really nice hotel sounded like a marvelous vacation to me! Sadly, we were not able to make it happen.  Brad enjoyed his morning swims, good meals, and excellent golfing!

Aleah has been wanting to do a dance class.  Just Dance Kids on the Wii is just like a dance class, right?

Mother's Day was the best this year.  I really love being a Mom!  My kids and husband spoiled me with notes, homemade paper flowers, real flowers, a delicious meal, gifts, hugs and more hugs!  I felt very loved and thankful for the blessing of being a Mom!  Being a Mom is something that I always wanted to be and looked forward to since I was a little girl.  What a precious blessing it is!

You can see why Aleah loves school.  Since I was a PE teacher, it is always fun for me to hear about the things she does in her PE class.  I love that her teacher sends pictures.

In her class they watched caterpillars changed into butterflies and then released them. 

Brad and I have had a blast together these last 14 years that we have been married!  I'm so thankful that we are best friends.  Brad is so loving and always makes life fun.  It is such a blessing being married to him.  On our anniversary we went out to lunch as a family.

Aleah and Cade make life fun too!

My sister BreAnne and her husband Tyler let Aleah and Cade have a sleep over so that Brad and I could go on a little anniversary date to watch a movie.  They are so wonderful!

Cade loves to climb trees!  When he see a good climbing tree he has to try to climb it.  And then he likes to have me take his picture.

All school year Aleah and her friend Mckella were begging to have a play date.  When the day finally arrived for Mckella to come over Aleah made some signs.  She is such a cute writer!  She wrote, "Cade Aleah Mckella are going to be at our house.  We are going to have so much fun. We are going to play outside and inside.  We are going to have so much fun."  Then she made a list of the things they were going to do.  She was right, they really did have so much fun!  I love that Aleah and Mckella included Cade in everything they did.  I hope it continues that way for a long time!

Aleah and Cade got to spend a whole day with their Uncle Todd and Aunt Rachel, and their cousins Bryton, Nathan, and Katie.  They were so incredibly excited!  They woke up and got ready for the day and then sat by the window waiting for Uncle Todd to get to our house.  They had a wonderful day.  We really have the best family ever!

Aleah decided that she was ready to get her ears pierced.  We talked about it a lot and she was determined to be brave.  We set a date, May 27th, and after gymnastics we went to the mall.  She was very excited!

She picked the cutest earrings and we got ready to do it.  I was very picky and made sure that the dots were in the right place on her ear lobes.  I made the lady redo it several times!  Some girls her age stopped to watch her and cheer for her.  They were planning to get their ears pierced soon (well, as soon as their mom would agree to it).

She held my hands as they pierce her ears.  She was trying so hard not to cry after it was over.  As I hugged her I could feel her little body shake as she held it in.  I told her it was ok to cry.  She cried a little as I hugged her and then she was ready to look at her earrings in the mirror.  She is such a brave and determined little girl.  She loves her earring and is so glad that she did it!  I love her earring too.

Brad and I really needed to get away!  Brad surprised us with a mini trip to Dinosaur Land in Vernal. It was just what our family needed!  We looked at all the bones in the hillside.

There were some bones that we could touch and some that we could read about.

One of our favorite parts was hiking around and finding all the petroglyphs.   

Another favorite part was hiking to the Echo Canyons!  
We loved that we could just drive a couple of hours and explore a new part of Utah.  It was beautiful and peaceful!  It was such a blessing to spend this time with my amazing husband and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment