We had a great time at the cabin with our friends and neighbors the Lepores. We got to GeoCache, which we love to do. The best part was just relaxing and visiting
Brad took this picture of me after I made breakfast, he though it was so funny; I didn't! I had just made german pancakes and I didn't factor in the altitude and the glass pan so, yep, they were trying to climb out of the pan. Everyone said that they tasted fine. I've had better.
Our days down at the houseboat consisted of more relaxing and lots of playing. For the first few nights we were camped by this big sand hill that we would hike up every morning. By we I don't so much mean me. I did go up part of the way. One morning my brother-in-law Mark hiked up it five times in a row, WOW, he is amazing! Here are some pictures of Brad and I on the sand hill. Brad jumped down the hill and I jogged.
Of course there was lots of time for Brad to wake board and for me to take pictures and wish that I could be wake boarding. One day while Brad was wake boarding the water was pretty rough and he got out of control on one of his jumps. It was awesome, but he was sore for the next couple of days. Poor guy! Here is the video.
Exciting moments: Ted and Tina's dog Bullet found a rattlesnake on the beach about 3 feet from the houseboat! A guy that we didn't know jumped off the cliff by our houseboat from really high up and tried to do a back flip. Well, he over rotated and did a back flop. Ouch! He came up with a hurt back that was bleeding, that's gonna leave a mark! Squirrels fighting over peanuts. Almost getting caught in a storm on our way back from Rainbow Bridge. Finding our kayak out in the channel (who was in charge of tying that one up?!).
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET video! I was laughing so hard, sorry Guac Brad but that was so funny! I am glad that you had fun and I look forward to catching up with you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a blast! I love it. I agree...it's nice to just have a break every once in awhile. You look sooo cute with your tiny baby belly.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like my kind of vacation. I bet it was hard for you to take it easy since you're always the go getter. I'm glad you're taking care of that little bump.
ReplyDeleteI can attest to the fact that the German Pancakes were so yummy, even if they looked silly! Thanks again for the fun time.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Brad didn't really hurt himself on that jump! I must say that it looked awesome. It was fun to watch, almost as much fun as watching squirrels fight over peanuts!:)
Looks like a great vacation! Welcome ack to real life!
ReplyDeleteOuch. That hurt just watching it. I wondered why you were groaning in pain every time you moved during our meetings!
ReplyDelete