Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's summer again?!

I am truly afraid for winter to get here.  Some nights the only thing that saves me is packing up the kids and going for a walk or going to the park.  What am I going to do when I can't do that for a while?  So we have been trying to get out as much as possible.  We love the kindergarten park that is at the school by our house.  It is always in the shade in the evening and it is perfect for Aleah and Cade.  They LOVE the slides!  Yes, I said they.  Cade loves going down the slide.  He gets so excited when it's his turn.  If you don't believe me then check out the smile on his face in the pictures.


Aleah can do it all by herself!  She can climb up, swing (she always has to swing before she goes down of course), slide, and land on her feet.  We always have to say, Read, Set, Go!


READY

SET

GO!

READY

SET

GO!  
Oh how I love this picture of Cade.  It makes me laugh!

Yesterday I had the kids wearing pants because the weather has been cooling off.  Well, after Aleah's nap we went out on the deck for snack time.  While we were sitting out there I started thinking, "Why is it so hot out here?  It's the end of September!"  Then Aleah said, "Sprinkler!"  I looked at her and her red cheeks and I said, "Ok!"

This was Cade's first time playing with the sprinkler.  He was very interested and had a lot of fun!

Aleah loved to squirt Cade and it didn't even phase him.  He just kept on playing.  A couple of times she got him in the face.  He stopped, kind of shook it off, and then went back to playing.  They played so well together for a long time. 


What a great idea for a hot hot day!

I felt silly because I had my kids wearing pants when it was 90 outside.  But there is nothing a little cold water can't fix!  Right?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! It is crazy that it is this hot at the end of September. Hopefully we get some fall time before winter comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I laughed out loud at that picture of Cade going down the slide! I am not looking forward to cold and wet weather either....it makes the days so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable pictures!!!! They are getting so big and it looks like they love to be outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Cade too!!! LOL!! And I love summer nights. I don't want them to end either. Not only what are going to do at night, but what are we going to do ALL DAY LONG?! :)
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete