On February 1st our little boy turned 1! I have mixed emotions about this. I love that he is growing up, and walking, and his jibber jabber talk is really the cutest ever, but I miss my tiny little baby. He is so sweet and his hugs are the best. He is still very cuddly. He says Mom, Mama, wow, hi, and hello. When he is playing peek-a-boo he will close the door and then he will open it and say heellloooo, it's so cute. He has started his own little jibber jabber language, which I love! He laughs all the time. It is a very contagious laugh. He loves to jump, run, play, climb, get into everything and basically do whatever Aleah is doing.
On Saturday the 5th we had his birthday party. It was fun and wonderful to have a lot of our family here to celebrate with us. I made his cake. It was a dinosaur party so I made a volcano cake. As you can see I used rice krispy treat to make the top. I think that it turned out really cute!
Cade had a fun time at his party. He was a little shy at first but then he warmed up to everyone. Here he is playing with Brad and hanging out with my parents.
Aleah and her cousin Grant had a good time playing together with the legos. Aleah loves playing with her cousins. Before the party she was so excited for "all da cousins!" and after the party she couldn't stop talking about, "all da cousins!" In her prayers at night she will say, "Thank you for Mom, Dad, Cade, Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Todd, Grant, and all da cousins!"
While we were singing to Cade he just smiled and looked around. Then he tried to touch the flame on his candle. Luckily I have super fast reflexes and I was able to blow it out just in time!
He loved his cake! And true to how he normally eats (unless it is pasta), he was not afraid to make a mess and shove it in his mouth as fast as he could.
When present time came Aleah had to help him with the wrapping paper, but he had a fun time taking the tissue paper out of the bags.
We sure love our 1 year old!

What a great Birthday Party you must of had. The cake was fabulous! Wish we could of been there to celebrate with you all and Cade.
ReplyDeleteWow time flies! Happy birthday Cade:) Your cake looked fab!!
ReplyDeleteWell done on the cake. It was great! Can't believe he is one already. He is such a cutie!
ReplyDelete