Monday, January 24, 2011

Together Forever

I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to be together forever.  That knowledge is the only way I can make it through loosing a loved one!  Brad's Grandma, Christia Barlow Smith, passed away last week.  She is now with her husband who she has been missing for almost 33 years.  I'm sure she is happy to see him again!

She was such a great example of health and happiness.  On the day that she passed away she wasn't sick or in pain.  She spent that morning like any other, sitting by the fire and reading a book.  She was a nurse and so she knew the importance of reading, eating right, and walking.  She wanted to be able to walk for as much of her life as possible.  So she would always walk.  I think it is amazing that she was 95 years old and still walking!


Brad and I were able to attend her funeral on Saturday.  A big thank you goes out to my parents who watched Aleah and Cade for us so that we could enjoy our time.  It was beautiful.  I really enjoyed learning more about her.  It was a bonding moment for me when I heard that her first two kids are 14 months apart.  What were they thinking, haha!






The last time were got to visit her was at the family reunion last summer.  We don't have any pictures of that.  When Aleah was two months old we went down to St. George and we were able to visit her.  I did get some pictures that time.
Brad, Aleah, Grandma, and Brad's Mom

1 comment: