On December 12th our sweet Aleah turned 2 years old! We had a wonderful day with her. Two of her cousins had birthdays the month before so I think that really helped her to understand what it was all about. When she woke up I gave her a princess crown and told her happy birthday. She got so excited and wore the crown all morning.
We had a party for her with my family that evening. The theme of her party was the alphabet.
I made an alphabet scavenger hunt for all the kids. The prize at the end was a sticky hand thing and a punching balloon. Aleah wasn't too sure about the sticky hand thing. She loved the punching balloon!
We had dinner, and watched a movie that Brad and I made of clips from the last year. It was really amazing to see all the changes and all the things she has accomplished in the last year!
We opened presents and then it was time for her to "blow out the candle". I had been preparing her to blow out her candle on her cake by practicing with her every night while she brushed her teeth. I would sing the birthday song and then hold out my finger and tell her to blow out the candle. At first she just laughed and thought that I was so silly. Once she got the hang of it we had to do it many times every night! So when I told her that it was time to have cake and blow out the candle she got so incredibly excited. She went running to the kitchen yelling, "Blow out the candle, blow out the candle!" The pure joy and excitement that was coming out of her at this point was amazing!
We are so blessed to have Aleah in our lives! We have had the pleasure of spending the last two years with her and we have loved it! Aleah is such a sweet girl. She is a wonderful big sister. She is very loving and fun to be around. We sure do love her!











What a fun birthday Aleah must of had. She is DARLING! We love her too.
ReplyDelete