We started carving our pumpkins the week before Halloween for Family Home Evening. It was so much fun this year to carve pumpkins with Aleah and Cade. They really got into it! We ended up taking four evenings to carve all of our pumpkins. We did one pumpkin a night.
They both got so excited when it was time to light the candle. Cade started doing a new crazy excited laugh. I loved it!
Here is Cade's pumpkin. I loved the pure joy carving and lighting the pumpkins brought Cade and Aleah. It reminded me that it really is the little things that count!
This is a typical smile for Aleah right now. She is so silly!
They love taking the lid off and looking at the candle and then putting the lid back on. Did I mention that they are so cute?!
Aleah became the best pumpkin scooper. She loved it and made sure that she got out all the seeds.
On the top is Cade's pumpkin and then Aleah's moldy pumpkin. On the bottom is Brad's pumpkin and my pumpkin. I had plans of carving a really cool witch, but decided that this wasn't the year to be fancy. I had fun letting the kids help me carve my pumpkin!
Since Aleah's pumpkin went bad before we carved it we had to get her a new one. So we ended up carving her pumpkin the night before Halloween at my parents' house. The kids got to have it as a decoration for their table, which they all thought was really cool!
All of our Halloween party plans fell through. So I didn't end up making costumes for Brad and I. It was sad. Our first year not dressing up! Cade was an amazingly handsome giraffe.
Aleah wanted to be Sliver Mist, Tinkerbell's friend. I think she turned out to be a very beautiful Silver Mist. She kind of looks more like a butterfly, but she is for sure Silver Mist!
Halloween night we went trick-or-treating to a few houses. The kids had a lot of fun. But, they LOVED passing out the candy. They would watch out the window and wait. Then they would get so excited and Aleah would say, "More kids are coming!" They would run to the door and wait for them to knock and then they would help Brad put candy in the bags. It was a very fun holiday!








I love the picture where cade and aleah are holding hands. They are so sweet when they aren't fighting over what color plate they get :-)
ReplyDelete