Sunday, February 12, 2012

Choo Choo... Cade is 2!

We celebrated Cade's second birthday last Sunday.  He had a train party.  I decorated his cake while he was taking a nap.  When he woke up and saw his cake he got really excited.  So I guess I made a pretty good train cake.

The kids made train place mats while we got dinner on the table.  After dinner they played some games and won some prizes.

Cade opened his presents.  He knew just what to do with this stick horse.  It was cute, he started making horse noises and jumping around.

Then it was time for some homemade orange cream cake and some homemade coconut ice cream.  Aleah has been practicing with Cade so that he would be ready to blow out his candle.  She would sing to him and then hold out her finger as a pretend candle and say, "Blow out the candle Cade!"  That is how I practiced with her last year, I was surprised that she would remember.  All the practice that Aleah gave Cade really paid off.  It took him a few tries, but he got it!

It still amazes me that my baby boy is growing up so fast.  What a blessing it is to have him as part of our family.  He is so sweet and happy.  He always has a smile for me and it always melts my heart.  He talks non stop these days.  He loves to say, "why", after everything I say.  His most common response is, "Oh!".

Everything is, "tonight".  When choosing the color of bowl he wants for breakfast he says, "I want blue tonight."  When I ask him which book he wants me to read to him he says, "I want train tonight."  Everything is, "tonight"!

The way that he says, "esh" (yes) and "inner time" (dinner time), is really cute.  He has just started saying, "woo hoo!".  He loves his sister so much.  They are the best little friends and they love to play together.  He says Aleah a couple ways, "Ahyah" or "Dayah".  When she does something that he thinks is cool he says, "Wow, Ahyah!"  I love it when he asks for a, "Kiss" and when he says, "Hold you".  Another common saying is, "I eat it in my mouff." followed by laughter.  When it is his turn to go to gymnastics he says, "My turn nastic suit!"  When he eats ice cream he says, "Yummy i cream cone!".

He loves to sing and dance, he has to wear the pink dress-up skirt when he dances.  He can do pretty much everything that Aleah can do.  He loves to fly the little helicopter with his Dad and watch home videos on his Dad's phone.

He is getting really good at gymnastics.  He has always been really strong.  He can do chin-ups, forward rolls, and walk on the low beam by himself now.  He can jump off of anything and is not afraid to jump off of really high things, but I usually don't let him because I'm afraid that it's too high for him!  He is nonstop and no fear!

He loves to cook!  If he hears me in the kitchen he will come running, push the chair over to the counter and say, "Help you!"

He is so handsome!  I'm a lucky mom.  I love every minute of every day that I get to spend with Cade.  I'm so thankful for him in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment