Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day and My Great Grandma Lila's Birthday

First of all, I have to share this with you.  Cade got a little drum set for his birthday.  He loves it!  He is really into music (just like his sister).  During the day he will go in the front room and play his drums or the piano and sing.  I love it!  He is a really good drummer, he even holds his drum sticks in the air after he finishes a song!  I have no idea where he got that from, but it's awesome. 

My Great Grandma Lila turned 92 years old.  We went to her party.  Aleah and Cade were so excited to wish  her a happy birthday.  As we were driving home Aleah said, "Oh no! We forgot to sing Happy Birthday!".  She was right, we visited and had cake, but we didn't sing to her.

This is a 5 generations picture.  My Grandma LaRille Bushman, my Mom Suzanne Stone, my Great Grandma Lila Madsen, me Shaylin Godfrey, and my daughter Aleah Godfrey.

A while ago Aleah and Cade found the cookie decorating sprinkles.  They wanted to eat them and I told them that they could decorate their Valentine's cookies with them.  As Valentine's Day approached they got more and more excited to use their sprinkles.

The day before Valentine's Day we cut out a bunch of hearts and decorated them and put them on the windows.  On Valentine's Day, as promised, we made some cookies and decorated them.  This year I made some gluten free, dairy free, cane sugar free snickerdoodles.  However, once Aleah and Cade started decorating them, they were no longer cane sugar free!

 They were very yummy and beautiful!

Brad surprised us and came home for lunch, bringing with him some beautiful lilies and roses!  We had red smoothies for lunch and a red themed dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment