We kicked off our Halloween week with our annual Stone family party. It was the best one yet! We had a blast. The party started with the kids decorating some pumpkins. They really got creative and worked hard on their pumpkins.
Then we played donut on a string eating contest. Cade and Braedan were not big fans of this game at all! Cade just wanted to eat his donut sitting up, with his hands, thank you very much! For the second year in a row my brother's family dominated this game. Emma won the kids round, Nate won the second round, and Stacey won the third round. Aleah was a close second in the kids round. Emma might have a tough time getting the three-peat next year!
We played musical couches, which my brother won. I totally thought that I was going to win that one, next year I've got to step it up a notch!
The kids got to go fishing for toys, which is always a favorite for them!
While I finished making lunch the kids colored Halloween pictures and played with balloon rockets that they got from their fishing game.
Here is a picture of me stirring my witches brew. A ghost married to a witch, how does that work?
Halloween morning we went to Gardner Village with our friends. We went on a witch hunt. Cade's favorite witch was the one that was hula hooping and Aleah's favorite was the fire fighter. She was spraying water and some of it was splashing onto a bridge. Guess where Cade spent a lot of time. Yep, running through the water!
Cade is a pockets boy. Ever since he figured out that jackets and pants and coats have pockets he always has to have his hands in his pockets. Well, as we were looking at the witches he was happily running around, with his hands in his pockets of course, and then he tripped. Poor boy! Since his hands were in his pockets he couldn't catch himself. His crash kind of looked like he was doing the worm. Which I was thankful for because he didn't crack his head open or even get a goose egg, he just majorly scuffed up his cute little face.
Halloween night finally arrived! Aleah and Cade were looking forward to it and they were so excited. Aleah reminded me all week, "Mom, I have to go to my Elnicky's (her sunbeam teachers) house. We can't forget!"
Cade was a ghost and he loved saying, "Boo!" to people. I think that he was the cutest little ghost ever.
Aleah was a witch. She even wanted the green make up on her face! She practiced her witches cackle all the time. She was such a cute "good" witch.
The first house they went to was their Uncle Todd's and Aunt Rachel's. They were so excited to see their aunts and uncles! They were very confused when Aunt Crystal and Uncle Mark were not home. I tried to explain to them that they were not home because they were probably out trick-or-treating. But this is what I heard all the way home, "But why was Aunt Crystal not home?" "But why Aunt Crystal trick-or-treating?"
We had such a fun night trick-or-treating, but I think that their favorite part was handing out candy at our house. They would stand at the window and then yell, "Here comes some more!" I love holidays with kids!
After Halloween we headed down to St. George for a quick little vacation. We stayed at Brad's parents' house, but they were not there since they are on their mission. As we were pulling in to their neighborhood I reminded the kids that Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey would not be at their house when we got there. They were so funny! They started saying, "Grandma, Grandpa, where are you?" and laughing. "We are at your house!" "Where are you?" Then Cade said, "On ours mission, be back soon!" That made us all laugh!
We got to go out to dinner with Brad's sister Sonya and her husband Joel. Aleah and Cade got to spend the evening with their cousin Sammy. We had such a wonderful evening with Sonya and Joel. It was nice to get out with them and visit and have some good food. When we got back to their house it was pretty late. Cade was asleep on the couch. I still love to see my kids sleeping, they are just so sweet!
My parents came down and we spent Saturday at the beach, the Sand Hollow beach. Aleah and Cade could not wait to play in the sand. The second we stepped on the sand Cade sat down with his bucket and started digging. It took us a few minutes to convince him that we needed to go down by the water.
Cade was very interested in making hand prints!
Aleah loved getting buried.
Cade didn't want anything to do with getting buried! He just wanted to fill up his bucket with water.
And more water!
Aleah knew just what to do and started making a sand castle.
She was so amazed and happy when she got the first one to come out of the cup!
And Cade went for more water!
He worked a little on the sand castle.
Then he was off with Grandma to get more water.
Aleah figured out that she could make really good castles with the little red cup.
The finishing touch to the castle, the moat!
Aleah wanted to get buried again!
She loved it when she wiggled her toes and they popped out of the dirt!
Back to the water to play.
I had to put this picture in because I just can't get over how grown up she looks!
They were trying to jump over the little waves that were coming in.
Right as we were packing up to leave Cade finally decided that it wouldn't be too scary to get buried in the sand. He buried his foot and then his foot and his leg. I'm glad he figured out the it was ok and he got to have some fun getting buried in the sand!
Our house is doing good. They put on the stucco base coat.
They started putting on the stone. I have been the most worried about what the outside is going to look like. I have been hoping that I will like the stone and that the stucco colors will look good. I really like the stone! And hopefully in the next week I will know if I like the stucco too.
They did the taping and mudding.
We have been showing our current house to some potential renters. I am really enjoying having a clean and tidy home, but it is a lot of work. It will be nice when we decide who will be renting our home and get that all finalized!
















No comments:
Post a Comment