Oh, the wonderful cabin at Brian Head. We have been wanting to go back since our last trip. This time when we got there it was only 65 degrees outside. The first thing we did was turn on the fire. Cade found a car.
Aleah found a good book.
A rainy night, some chili, and cornbread, helped to make our first night perfect!
After dinner we love to sit around the fire, roast marshmallows, tell stories, and of course, run!
Aleah and Cade are getting really good at making up stories around the fire. It is fun to listen to their cute and funny stories!
Our friends Chuck, Amy, and Davis Keeler came with us. We had such a great time visiting with them! It rained a lot, but we were able to get out between the storms and do some hiking, and 4 wheeling. It was really beautiful, and muddy!
We drove up to Cedar Breaks and looked around. It's so beautiful! We even found a waterfall that was going over an arch.
When we got home the heat seemed a little bit hotter than normal. So we spent our days playing in the water.
Aleah noticed that I was taking pictures and she turned and posed for me. She is so cute!
One evening after a long hot day we had a spontaneous pool party. It was just what we all needed!
Aleah was the last one in the pool. All of the other kids were done. She started to get out and was saying, "I'm not done swimming, but I need someone to swim with me." when Grandpa jumped in the pool. That made her night! Back in the pool she went to swim with grandpa. She was his little motor boat. She held onto his feet and pushed him around the pool. She had so much fun with Grandpa! Cade rode a little bike around and around the pool.
The kids started preschool! We are doing preschool two times a week this year with two different groups of friends. I will take pictures of the groups next week, I forgot last week.
Both of the preschool groups met at my house for our first days. We did a lot of fun things and I always try to have a science experiment for them to do as well. We learned about salt and made an ice painting.
Then we learned about hot and cold.
I have been trying out my dehydrator that I got four years ago. It's not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Aleah, Cade, and I had so much fun making peach fruit leather. It was so yummy!
We also made some dried pineapple!
Brad and I have been putting the knobs on our cupboards. We love the way they look! We were afraid that they would be too bold and stand out, but we think that they look really good. And we love how much easier it is to open our cupboards now!






No comments:
Post a Comment