Friday, September 27, 2013

My Fabulous Birthday!

My birthday was a good one!  But, I have to admit that I did feel pretty old.  Five days before my birthday I woke up with a rib out.  It hurt so bad!  Thankfully, I was able to go in to see my Dad that day.  

The day before my birthday I was doing some yard work with Brad and the kids.  I was sweeping some weeds into a pile.  There was a bunch of dirt, so I decided to sweep it into the pile as well.  The pile of dirt started to get pretty big and heavy.  As I tried to push the dirt really hard with the broom, my left knee pooped out.  Ouch!  I had to poop it back in.  It hurt more than I can explain.  I hopped over to Brad crying and sat down on the driveway.  He got me inside and I started icing my knee.  My Dad was on his way home from the office so he stopped by to check it out.  He said that I didn't tear any of my ligaments, thankfully.  But, I was in a lot of pain!  I probably strained my ligaments and hurt my medial meniscus.  I felt like my body decided that since it was my birthday it could fall apart.

Brad gave me the day off for my birthday.  He took the day off from work and took care of the kids for me.  I went to lunch with my friend Rachael Adams and then we got a pedicure.  It was nice to visit and relax.  I couldn't walk, so it was great to spend the day relaxing.  Then I went to my parents' office so that I could have laser on my knee.  

When I got home Brad and Aleah went to Costco to get me some flowers and Cade stayed home with me.  It was so much fun to spend some time with Cade.  We played Go Fish and did some puzzles together.

Then we had a babysitter come over and Brad took me out to Carvers for dinner.  I decided to try out their special.  Filet Mignon, Lobster Tail, and Coconut Shrimp.  It was really good, I enjoyed it until we found out how much it was!  Brad said, "Wow, happy birthday to you!"  If I had known that it was super expensive, I wouldn't have ordered it.
 It was nice to go to a fancy restaurant with Brad and enjoy an evening together.

A few days later we had a party with my family.  We had dinner at my parents' house and then we all got babysitters and the adults went out for ice cream and a movie.  It was such a fun night full of some much needed laughter!

Aleah and Cade got to have their favorite babysitter that night, Kamryn!  She just lives a couple of houses away from us and she always brings fun crafts and games for them to play.  They love having her come over.  When it has been a while since we have had a babysitter they will say, "Mom, when's Kamryn coming over again?"

Brad has been having a lot of meetings now that he is the Young Men's President.  More than I was expecting! So we have been going on bike rides and playing at the park.

Aleah and Cade have been loving their preschool!

We have four moms in our group and so we switch off.  One teacher, one helper, and the other two get a break.  It was really strange to drop off the kids at preschool and go home and be all alone for two hours!  I got so much done, it was amazing.

They learned about the color green and so they all got their nails painted green.  It makes me laugh because Aleah is the only girl in the group, but they all went home with green nails and they loved it!

B is for bubbles.  I love Aleah's smile in this picture!

The next week we went on a field trip to Highland Glenn Park.  They made binoculars and collected leaves and things in their nature bags.  Cade, of course, found a big spider web in the tree that they all had to look at.  He has a thing for finding spider webs!

They did some leaf rubbings and then feed the ducks and geese.

Aleah is improving a lot at gymnastics!  She just got moved up to an invitation only class that is pre team.  She can do her backbend onto a mat all by herself.  She just got her back hip circle on bars all by herself yesterday!  She loves it.

My parents have told me that when I was little I would stick out my tounge when I was concentrating really hard on a gymnastics skill.  It made me laugh when I looked at this handstand picture of Aleah.  I told her to try really hard to keep her legs split and straight.  Haha, she's just like me.

In the last month or so Cade has really grown-up!  He is happier and doesn't get upset or cry during his different activities or classes.  He has always been so strong and now he is showing it at gymnastics!

He was asked to try out for a boys team class on Wednesday!  He did so good in the class.  The teacher said that he is super strong, listens really well, flexible, willing to try anything she askes him to do, and very advanced in his skills.  He was, however, afraid of the chalk!  So she taught him how to use it and he was ok, haha.  She wants him in her class!  His class is twice a week, but he can only go once a week until summer because he has preschool on Mondays.  We are so excited for Cade!

He will be with Coach Chris all the way through level four.  That will be great!  Before I quit coaching gymnastics to become a Mom I worked with Chris at Utah Sports Center.  It was fun to see her and visit with her.  I'm excited that she will be Cade's coach!

Cade can do his bridge now, and he was leaning flips on the trampoline!

Aleah was running at gymnastics yesterday, while I was setting up for my class, and didn't notice the pole for the uneven bars.  She ran into it.  Poor girl got a huge goose egg right under her eye.  Thankfully her grandpa did laser on it!  We could see the swelling going down as he did the laser.

During quiet time the other day, Aleah used all of the bristle blocks to make this awesome city.  There are cars, buildings, trees, houses... she is very creative!

The snake, monkey, and tiger are friends and they are sitting on a building talking.

I have been finding little surprises left by my cute Cade.  One morning he was watching home videos on my phone while I was making breakfast.  When I got out my phone later that day to take a picture I found over 100 pictures and over 10 videos that he had taken!

I found that my shoes make really good garages for Cade's cars!

Something that I learned - Cloud Dough is very very very messy!  Boy did the kids LOVE playing with the cloud dough that I made for them.  Boy did I NOT love cleaning it up.  We won't be doing that activity again for a long time.  I'm glad that I at least thought to have them do it in the garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment