Last week I texted my friend Shauna Hess to see if she and her daughter wanted to go on a bike ride with us. She said that they were about to go to the zoo and invited us to go with them. I thought about it for a minute, the weather was perfect, we didn't have any other plans, no naps to worry about... So, why not! We went on our bike ride and then picked Brad up from work. He took the rest of the day off and we went to the zoo.
It really was a perfect day to go to the zoo. It was nice weather, not crowded, and the animals were out playing.
Aleah and Cade wanted to watch the elephant show. They really liked it when the baby elephant stood on her trunk and sprayed water! After the show was over Cade said, "But, Mom. (every sentence starts with, but, Mom) it wasn't really a show!" I guess if he is thinking of a show on the TV then he is right.
Aleah is in a posing stage. As soon as she notices that I'm taking a picture she will smile and look right at the camera. Unless, of course, I ask her too!
We had to go back and see the polar bear again at the end because he was so much fun to watch!
I don't know why, but Cade never wants to smile when we take family pictures.
Oh, the lion drinking fountain! I remember drinking from the lion drinking fountain when I was little.
The kids loved sitting on the elephant. They were a little sad that it wasn't spraying water.
The carousel is always a favorite. They wanted to go on it again and again and again, but we had to explain to them that we had to pay money every time they went on it. So once was enough!
I went to the Relief Society Conference with my Mom, Grandma Bushman, Sister, and cousin Holly. It was a lot of fun to spend some time with them and the talks were wonderful. Brad took Aleah and Cade on a date to Trafalga. They had a fun night too!
I love cooking with my kids. Cade has been such a big helper lately. He loves to help me get meals ready. So I give him little jobs like; "Get a pear out of the fridge and wash it." When he is done he will say, "Ok, what's next?" I love it!
Now that Brad's office is in American Fork he has been riding his bike to and from work every now and then. He has been enjoying it. The way home is pretty much all up hill, with a really steep part right at the end.
We had a day off from preschool last week so we went to story time at the library. The kids love story time. I love watching them have fun dancing and listening to stories!
I did a little preschool lesson with the kids about leaves and why they change colors. They made some really beautiful pictures of multi-color leaves on a tree.
Conference weekend was wonderful. While listening to the Saturday sessions we did some yard work and helped my parents clean out their garage so that they could put the boat in for the winter. Brad went to the priesthood session with his brother Todd and nephews Bryton and Nathan. He had a good time with them.
Sunday we relaxed at home listening to the wonderful messages. I let the kids print out some conference activities. They worked on their activities, and then sat on the couch with Brad and I, and then worked on their activities some more. It was fun to have them enjoying conference with us. Aleah made a conference crown.





















No comments:
Post a Comment