Monday, April 7, 2014

Silly kids, silly April Fools, and fun ice staking class!

Aleah and Cade keep us laughing every day!  We have so much fun together.  Let me tell you a little bit about what we have been doing lately.

Aleah and Cade have been working on their, pop corn swings, and Aleah got her first rip.  Ouch!

Cade's balloon is simply amazing.  He earned a balloon on February 27th and by the time we got home it was no longer floating.  The poor boy was so sad!  We took it back to the store and found out that there was a little hole in it.  They replaced the balloon with an amazing balloon that is still floating today!  This ballon didn't start going down until March 31st, that's 33 days that it stayed floating at the ceiling!  Amazing!

On Wednesdays we go to Grandpa Stone's office to get adjusted.  The kids like to be squishy, and silly, on the chair while they wait!

It has been very stormy lately.  The first day that it started hailing, Aleah and Cade wanted to go out and play in it.  Cade kept saying, "I caught one! I caught another one!"  Aleah said, "They are bouncing off my umbrella!"

We got to go to the fire station for our preschool field trip.  The kids learned, Stop, Drop, and Roll and the phone number that they call if there is a fire.  They loved looking in the fire truck.

Silly kids in a big coat!

 Of course, they both picked pink fire hats!

After the field trip they played like they were firefighters, all day long.  They even used their pretend phones to call 911.  They would pretend that the jump ropes were hoses to put out the fires.  Sometimes they would have to do the Stop, Drop, and Roll because the fire got on their clothes.

On Mondays we have to eat lunch at the gym while we watch Aleah do her class.  Aleah eats in the pilot on the way there.  I love spending time with these cute and silly kids!

April Fools Day was such a fun day at our house!  I put my shirt on backwards, turned pictures, placemats, silver wear, basically anything I could think of, upside down.  Aleah noticed my shirt right away and started laughing.  When she got dressed she had to have her shirt on backwards too!

Later that day Aleah got a sneaky look on her face and disappeared up the stairs.  When I went up to my room during quiet time I couldn't turn on my light because Aleah had put a note on it.  It made me laugh!  After quiet time I told Aleah that I found something silly in my room, she smiled and said, "I did that!"  Cade was curious so he ran up the stairs to see.  A few minutes later he came down and told me, "There is something silly in your bathroom!"  Oh how I love these kids!

I made some fancy juice for dinner.  Aleah caught on right away and asked, "Is it really juice or jello?" Cade went straight to smelling it and when it smelled good he decided that it was ok to drink. He kept tipping it higher and higher until he finally stuck his finger in it.  It was cute, we were all laughing.

Aleah has been wanting to take ice skating classes for a long time now.  She loved watching figure skating during the Olympics and always says that she is going to be an ice skater.  So Brad and I decided to look into classes.  It was a good thing that we did because the new session was starting the next day, April 1st.  We signed Aleah and Cade up online the night before and when we got there they had printed name tags for them and everything.  Now that's a good website!

Before we told them that they were going to have their first ice skating class we had to tell them that we had something exciting to tell them and it was not an April Fools joke.  They were super excited!

They got their skates on quickly and were ready to meet their teacher.

They started off practicing marching on the regular floor before they went out on the ice.  There were only three kids in their class, it was great.

They practiced sitting down and standing up.

They practiced marching out to her and turning around and marching back to the wall.

If they felt wobbly they had to cover their knees!

Then they played, Red Light Green Light.  They each got a turn to say red light or green light.  At the end of class they both told us how good they were at getting there first.

Cade almost tackled Aleah when he got to her because he was going so fast.

They played, Ring Around the Rosies. 

She drew a haunted house on the ice.  Then they played a game where they had to sneak up to the house and knock on the door by stomping on it with their skates and then get to the wall before the ghosts came out.

She drew some fish on the ice and they played a fishing game.  They had to throw their line in the water, the blue part on the ice, and then reel it in really fast.  If it was a fish then they cooked it and ate it.  If it was a shark then they had to get to the wall fast.

For their last game she drew a ladder and a slide on the ice.  They climbed up the ladder to her and she slid them down the slide.  After a couple of turns Cade started climbing up the ladder while she was sliding Aleah down.  She came up behind him and grabbed him and whisked him down the slide.  He giggled and giggled because she surprised him.  It was the cutest thing ever!  Then they all did it that way the rest of the time and giggled every time.

They get 15 minutes of free skate at the end of their class to practice and Brad and I got to go out with them.  It was fun!  They loved loved loved their class!  When it was time to get off the ice Cade was staking in front of me over to the door.  When he got to the door he froze.  I thought the he just didn't want to step over the ledge so I lifted him over it.  He started crying and when I asked him why he was sad he said, "I don't want to get off the ice!"

We had to watch the Zamboni after we got our shoes on!
After the class Aleah said, "That was the GREATEST thing EVER!!"  Oh boy, the rink is 30 minutes from our house, that could be a lot of driving if she gets into ice skating.  On the way home Brad and I decided that if Cade is interested in skating then maybe we would have to get him into speed skating!

No comments:

Post a Comment