Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lots of Fun, Aleah's Music Recital, and Wood Badge for Brad

What a busy and fun time we have had these last couple of weeks!  We finally put the wall decals on Cade's bedroom walls.  It is always fun to decorate.  I wish I had more time because the rest of the house needs it too.  But, now Cade has a fun room.

At the beginning of gymnastics I try to go for a walk on the trail that is right by the gym.  Aleah is my exercise buddy during Cade's class.  Cade, Grant and Braedan are my buddies during Aleah's class.

Ice skating class number four went well.  Aleah and Cade are doing great in Snowplow 2.  They are practicing jumping and gliding.

Aleah had her last music class until after the summer.  She has made so many great friends and loves her teacher.

Cade made this picture with the shape magnets.  He designed it himself!  I love how creative he is getting.

Aleah's coloring is getting so good!

Since Cade moved up to Level 2 at gymnastics he had not won the sword until his class on the 29th of April.  He was so excited!  I was very proud of him.  He worked so hard.  The other boys in the class are older and have been in the class longer.  So it was an awesome accomplishment!  Then the next week his teacher told me that she wants him to move up to Level 3 next month.  Wow, he is amazing!

I decided to cut my hair short like Aleah's.  I didn't go as short as her.  I love it!  It is fun for a change.  Everyone has been so nice to me about it.  Every where I go people tell me that it is cute.  It's so nice!  Aleah and Cade had to come to the salon for the last part of my appointment because Brad had to go to a church meeting.  When I got done I went over to them and asked them if they liked my hair.  Aleah said, "Yes, it's like mine but, you have a different face."  Cade shook his head no and almost started to cry as he said, "It's too short for me!"  It almost made me cry to see how sad it made him.

One of my friends from when Aleah was born was in town.  So we met up at a park to let our kids play together.

These three kids are almost the same age.  Truman was born in November, then Aleah in December, and Gemma in January.  We would go to the park when they were babies and they would play on a blanket while we visited.

My Mom didn't have to work on a Friday and so we drove up to my sister's house.  We had lunch and then went for a walk to the pond to feed the ducks.  It was a nice day!  She has some beautiful tulips that we had to admire and smell!

The kids had so much fun with Grandma!

We only had one slice of bread for each kid.  When we got to the pond I explained to the kids that they needed to do little pieces of bread so that their piece would last longer.  They all did well and enjoyed feeding the ducks.

Braedan was so funny!  He really took it literally and was throwing out tiny pieces.  When all the other kids were done he still had most of his piece of bread.  I told him to start doing bigger pieces and he also shared with his cousins.  This is his idea of a bigger piece!  He said, "Here ducks.  I have a bigger piece for you!"

There were a lot of gnats and so Aleah went in the front waving her arms to get rid of them for us.

At the beginning of February we ordered blinds for our high windows.  They were supposed to be installed by the beginning of March.  March rolls around with no word on our blinds.  I called our sales guy for about a week with no response.  I finally got a hold of him and he told me that the motor was backordered but he thinks that they came in and he would check and call me the next day.  No call the next day.  So I called him again every day for another week.  He finally called me back and said that he had our blinds and the installer would call me to set up a time.  No call again.  I call him again every day, nothing!

Luckily, we ordered through Costco so we got Costco to look in to it.  They finally figured out that our blinds were on hold at the manufacturer because the sales guy didn't tell them which remote we wanted!  What?!  He straight out lied to us every time he talked to us and had the nerve to send me a text telling me how hard I made things on him because of my complaint to Costco.  Terrible!

We told Costco that we didn't want to work with him any more.  The problem was that he was the only sales guy for our area.  But, the Costco manager said that she would handle our account.  So she told them which remote we wanted and two weeks later, April 29th, we got our blinds installed!

Costco ended up firing the sales guy and promoting the installer.  Good call!  The installer was awesome, so great to work with.  The first guy told us there would be a valance, but of course, he didn't order it.  So the new guy got a valance ordered and now we are just waiting to get that.  What an ordeal!  But, I love my blinds and I'm so happy to finally have them!

Brad went to Wood Badge for his church calling.  It is a six day scout camp for leaders.  He was gone Thursday thru Saturday of one week and then Thursday thru Saturday of the next week.  The first day that he was gone I found a huge swampy area.  A sprinkler pipe broke!  Thankfully, I called our landscaper and he sent a guy the next morning to fix it.  I'm so glad that it was an easy fix!

My parents got a chicken coop for their little chickens.  I took Aleah and Cade over to help my parents get it all set up.  Aleah and Cade loved putting the chicks in the house for the night.

Cade was really good at catching them.  He would hand some of them to Aleah so that she could have a turn putting them in the house.

Aleah had her first music recital!

She did so good.  She got to play the drum for the Jungle song.  She did great at keeping a steady beat.

I got to sit by Cade and my two Grandmas.  Brad was at Wood Badge and he was sad that he missed it.  At least he was able to go to the rehearsal.

After it was over Aleah said, "I loved EVERYTHING about my recital!"  And she was very excited about the chocolate lollipops.

We celebrated with some frozen yogurt.

Aleah, Cade, and I went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point.  The flowers were beautiful.  Aleah and Cade had fun taking pictures of their favorite flowers.

It was a really hot sunny day and I forgot sunscreen.  Luckily, none of us got burned!

There were tons of people there, but we were able to enjoy the flowers and have fun together.

Brad got home from Wood Badge just in time to help us finish cleaning the church.  He is amazing!  I admire his ability to fulfill his callings, work hard, and never complain.  I love his positive, hard working personality!

Brad and Cade got to mow the lawn for the first time.  Cade loved every minute of it!  Every time I said, "Wow, the grass looks so nice!" he would say, "Thanks Mom!"  He is a hard worker just like his Dad.


Last week Cade accomplished two of his goals at gymnastics.  He did his leg cut on the pommel horse and his back hip circle on the bar.  So he got to pick two prizes out of the prize bin.

My Mom is so great.  She dropped everything to help me get some bark for our planters.  The weeds are starting to grow and we need to get it under control before it gets bad.  Too bad it rained every day for the last week so I couldn't spread it in my planters.

Aleah and Cade had their fifth ice skating class.  They worked on their backwards wiggles, glides, and stops.

These two kids were smiling the entire time!  They are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment