Monday, May 26, 2014

More Wood Badge for Brad, Mother's Day, and Our 13th Anniversary!

Brad finished up his wood badge.  He is an antelope.  He had a great time and set some good goals.

While Brad was at wood badge we spent one night my parents' house and Aleah got to feed the chickens.

We also got to try out the new Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  We absolutely loved it!  Cade would try to run across the rope bridges.  Aleah was a little nervous at first, but the second time through she was very brave and wanted to go first.

They could easily climb to the top of the rock climbing wall.

They could hang like a sloth for a long time.

They loved flying the airplane.

They had fun on the bumpy slide.

They tried out some magic and thought that it was silly that their heads were floating!

Driving the trains was their favorite part!  They could have done that all day.  There are actual trains that they power and they can watch, on a screen, where the train is going and then see it on the track above their heads when it comes in the room.

After the museum we picked up Brad, who just got home from wood badge, and met up with my family to celebrate my Dad's birthday and Mother's Day.  We went bowling and then out for dinner.  All the kids sat together at one table.  It was fun!

Monday May 12th, Brad and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  We went to the Grill Room up at Sundance for dinner, that's where Brad proposed.  We sat by a fire at a table for two in a room by ourselves.  It was very nice.

Then we played some mini croquet, which was a lot of fun!

Brad's parents came up for a couple of days.  They got to watch Aleah and Cade do their gymnastics classes.  Cade got to climb the rope.

It was a nice day, so after gymnastics we decided to spread the bark.  Brad's parents are so wonderful, they came and helped me!  There is no way that I could have done it without them!  All the kids helped too.  They are the best helpers, they worked really hard the entire time.

Aleah stuck with Grandma filling the wheelbarrow.  I was amazed at how she did shovel after shovel until the job was done!

Cade helped Grandpa spread the bark.  He would tell us where to dump the bark and then he would say, "Ok, that's good!" when there was enough in that spot.  He would just get right in and spread the bark with his hands.

Simply beautiful!  We still need probably three more cubic yards of bark to finish all of our planters, but we are getting there.  Little by little our yard is coming along nicely!  It's fun to have a yard to work in.

Here are some cute trucks and things that Aleah created during quiet time.

Aleah and Cade had their last ice skating class.  They had to throw a stuffed animal and then try to get it before their teacher got it.  They were skating fast and laughing the whole time.  Cade would tackle his stuffed animal every time.  Aleah was so good at stopping right at her stuffed animal.

They had so much fun trying to pop the bubbles at the end of their class!  Aleah passed off Snowplow 2 and 3.  Cade passed off Snowplow 2.  After the summer Aleah will be in Basic 1 and Cade will be in Snowplow 3.

Thursday after gymnastics we drove down to St. George.  We went on a family date that night.  The kids had fun driving the mini go karts.

Aleah and Cade were so excited for their vacation with Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey.  They played at splash pads, went swimming twice, played with the trains, and made brownie sundaes.

Brad and I were so excited for our anniversary vacation!  We stayed at a Westin Resort and Spa on Lake Las Vegas.  It was beautiful and so relaxing.  Just what we needed!  We got a couples message right when we got there.  It was a perfect way to start our vacation.  It might be our new tradition.  Brad got a message right after we got married, but he didn't really like it.  So I told him to try one more time with a couples message.  He loved it!  I loved it too, it was one of the best messages I've had.  I was missing the kids and having a hard time getting out of Mommy mode until I got my message.

Brad did a little work for the Blue Man Group, one of his companies clients.  It was fun to look around the stage and after the meeting they gave us tickets for the show that night.  We were excited!

At the end of the show, during the dance party, there were some fans that blew toilet paper on the crowd.  The people next to us didn't stand up so when the fans turned on the toilet paper was coming right at me.  It was crazy funny!  It was right at my face level.  Brad and I were laughing so hard because I was being bombarded with toilet paper!

We did some kayaking, relaxing by the pool, swimming, and table tennis.

Saturday night we went to the Cirque Du Soleil, Mystere, show.  It was incredible and so much fun!  I feel like I missed my calling in life.  I should have gotten into doing the trapeze after gymnastics.  How did I not think of that?  Some how I need to find a way to do the trapeze!

This is the view from our room.  It was a beautiful resort!  We are so thankful to Brad's parents for allowing us to get away for a few days.
I'm so thankful that Brad and I are still best friends after 13 years of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment