Friday, August 29, 2014

A Big Day For Aleah!

Aleah was completely ready to start kindergarten!  On the other hand, I was not!  It's just the beginning of having her away from me.  I cried leading up to her first day, but I actually did really well when we dropped her off.  I was surprised, I thought that I would loose it.  I loved that she was so excited!

She picked her clothes for the first day.  At breakfast she spilled on her shirt.  She didn't want a different shirt so I quickly washed it and dried it!  Super Mom skills right there.  

We left our house around 9 am.  She goes to school from 9:15 to noon.  She goes to Legacy Elementry which is only three blocks from our house.  She wanted to walk with Brad and I.  I loved holding her hand as she skipped to school.

When we got to school she gave us a hug and ran over to stand in line by her friend Lexi.

I loved that she was so confident and secure!  She knew that she was going to love Kindergarten.

Cade had fun playing on the playground for a minute.  He also surprised me.  I thought that it would be really hard for him to have Aleah at school.  He has done really well.  We both miss her, but we have been enjoying our time together.

Her first day went well.  She absolutely love it.  She was so chatty and told me about all the fun things she got to do.  She also told me that she needed a new backpack.  Her backpack was too little for her folder.  So that afternoon we had to rush to the store and get her a new one.  Luckily, they were all on sale!  She picked a cute cupcake backpack.  It's pretty much as big as she is.

The second day of school, she was just as excited as the first!

Cade wanted to look like his Daddy.  Handsome boys!  These three mean everything to me.  I am such a lucky Wife and Mom!

Leading up to Kindergarten I was worried because I didn't know if I had taught her enough.  I did home preschool with her and I loved it, but I didn't know what the Kindergarten level would be.  When she came home with these papers I was relieved and a little surprised.  I thought that it would be more advanced.  But, she is loving it and that's what matters most!

No comments:

Post a Comment