Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween

This year we grew our own pumpkins.  They were the best pumpkins we have ever carved.  They were beautifully shaped and so easy to carve!

These two got a late start and weren't quite orange by Halloween.

Aleah and Cade knew what to do this year.  Since the pumpkins were so easy to carve they both did most of the carving on their own.  It was fun to watch them design and carve their own pumpkins.
They both had to have lightening bolts on the sides of their pumpkins.

Aleah and Cade wanted to make lollipop ghosts to hand out.  It was a lot of work, but we had fun doing it.  We worked on it as a family, Aleah worked on it on her own, then Aleah and I finished it up while watching Cade at gymnastics.

Cade had a Halloween party at gymnastics.  He was so excited to wear his costume to class!

Our pumpkins were so cute!

Aleah got to wear he costume to school on Halloween.  Cade wore his costume too.

Aleah was a beautiful pirate princess.  Cade was a dashing knight in shinning armor.  I totally loved their costumes this year!  I think that their favorite part was that they both had a sword.

On the way to take Aleah to school Cade sat on Aleah's lap.  They are so silly!

After we dropped off Aleah we went to the gym and waited for the Halloween parade.  They walked through all the classrooms and then through the gym.  It was cute to see her with her friends.

Brad got off work a little early and we went trick-or-treating at Uncle Todd and Aunt Rachel's.  While visiting Aleah and Cade needed to climb their tree.

We hurried home to have dinner with our neighbors in our circle.  It was such nice weather!  We set up chairs and a fire pit.  We put all our candy at a table for the trick-or-treaters.  It was so much fun to stand by the fire, visit, and hand out candy.  Aleah and Cade loved handing out the candy.  We are hoping that this is our new tradition!  We had a wonderful night with our neighbors!

They were so excited to go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood.  Last year we hit a few houses and called it good.  This year Aleah was really into it.  When we said that we were just going to do a few more houses she said, "But I love trick-or-treating.  I could do it all night.  It is so much fun to get candy from our neighbors!"  She is so cute.

The night after Halloween we had a party with my family.  Brad and I were mummies.

All the cute kids!

We did a Halloween scavenger hunt, a coloring page, a pop the balloon on the other team's foot game,
and we made monster cookies!
Of course, we also did a doughnut eating contest, but I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy trying to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment