Sunday, July 19, 2015

Enjoying Summer!

One of my favorite things about summer is our beautifully decorated driveway.  I love the way that our house faces because by the afternoon the driveway is shaded and perfect for doing some chalk art.  I have some amazing little chalk artists.  Aleah loves drawing ocean scenes with islands and flamingos.

Cade draws the submarines, with boosters!, that are under the ocean.

For our craft one week Aleah and Cade wanted to make a Humpty Dumpty with paper mache.  I thought it would be a fun new craft for us to do.  Aleah loved it, and Cade could not stand having the paste on his fingers.  He is so funny!  I thought that he out grew his need to have clean hands, since I can't get him to use his utensils at meal times!  Obviously not!

So Cade took over the job of ripping the newspaper strips and I took over putting the strips in the paste and onto his balloon.  I love doing paper mache so I liked the trade!  It ended up being a lot of fun.  After they were dry Aleah and Cade enjoyed painting them.  I forgot to get an after picture, but both Humpty Dumptys turned out really cute.

This summer we loved going on outings to different museums and spending time with our friends!

One of our favorite things to do in the summer is to go on family bike rides.  Aleah and Cade also like to do bike races.  One day we decided to do a bike race that was in Heber.  We packed up all the bikes, water bottles, snacks and headed up the canyon.  We were almost to Heber when I realized that we had forgotten to pack the helmets.  They can't race without a helmet.  Aleah and Cade were devastated!  Brad used his quick thinking amazing Dad skills and took the kids on a bike ride to Bridal Veil Falls.  I drove the pilot down the canyon and met them at the falls.  They loved it!

We love going boating with Grandma and Grandpa Stone!  Utah Lake was really low this year so we had to go to Deer Creek Reservoir.  It is a bit more of a drive and the water is cold, but it was worth it for all the fun!

Brad is so handsome and so much fun to be around.  I'm so lucky to have him in my life!

The water is so rough at Deer Creek.  So we did a lot of air chair this summer.  Brad is awesome on the air chair.

I crashed a lot, but finally figured it out and had a lot of fun!  I usually don't do the air chair because I love wake boarding.  Most of the time we only have time for one turn each so I usually pick wake boarding.  But, the air chair is more fun on rough water.  I'm so happy that I figured it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment