Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Santa, Ho Ho Ho!

We had our annual Santa party on Sunday Dec. 5th with everyone on my Dad's side of the family.  We met at my Grandma's house and had some dinner.  I brought a very yummy cheese ball and crackers.  Then we all gathered in the great room to sing some songs while we waited for Santa to arrive.  As we were singing the kids started dancing.  It was cute.



 When Santa arrived both of my kids did really well.  Neither of them cried, but they didn't let him out of their sight!  Aleah was fine sitting on Santa's lap and Cade did good for a minute, but then he started crying.  Maybe it was because Aleah got a candy cane and he didn't!


When Santa asked Aleah what she wanted for Christmas she just stared at him.  The next day she couldn't stop talking about Santa.  And she had to keep telling me about the lip gloss that was, "From Santa!"

I have told you in the past that Aleah is not a very huggy girl.  This picture pretty much says it all!

Cade was happy to sit on Mrs. Claws' lap where he could keep an eye on Santa.  Plus she gave him a candy cane.  She was the winner.  I wasn't too worried about him having a candy cane because it was covered in plastic.  Well, this boy is always surprising me.  He gnawed a hole in it with his one tooth!

He had fun sharing his candy cane with his Grandma Great!

He really loved his candy cane!

At the end we took a family picture.  This is most of the family.  There were only a few families that couldn't make it to the party.  I sure love my family!  It is always fun to get together and visit.  I wish that I could see my cousins more often, but I am thankful that my Grandma still has her Santa party so that we can get together once a year!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition! We still haven't really done the Santa thing yet....Kate is AFRAID of him ("he" welcomed the kids our last week of school each morning and she would get tears in her eyes because she thought she had to say hi to him! When he visited their class she stood on the other side of the room and had her teacher tell him what she wanted for Christmas...) and Will LOVES candy canes too! I thought the same thing, he can't get through the wrapper...took him about 10 seconds before he chewed it right off! I laughed when I read that about Cade, so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Santa party too!!! Do you think you could email me some of the pictures of the whole family (if you have them)? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when Santa comes to Christmas parties! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Hope to see you soon and meet your little boy.

    ReplyDelete