Once we moved into our new home we jumped right in to Christmas! We had our annual Stone family Santa party at my Grandma Stone's house. We had dinner and visited and the kids played downstairs.
My Grandma did a wonderful lesson about Christ and showed us on the globe where he lived. Then we sang some Christmas songs. Every year since I was super little the tradition has always been that Santa would show up as soon as we started singing Jingle Bells. I don't know what happened this year! I lost count, but I think we sang Jingle Bells seven times. At one point someone said that maybe Santa couldn't hear us. And so we all began singing Jingle Bells as loudly as we could. It was pretty funny!
Aleah was one of the first kids to sit on Santa's lap. She was so excited and ran right over to him. Cade was a little timid, but luckily Santa had him join in with Aleah and so he was fine. When Santa asked Aleah what she wanted him to bring her for Christmas she said, "I don't know." When Santa asked Cade he said, "A little playhouse." It was a good thing that Santa knew that they would love to have their very own cameras and so he ended up giving them cameras for Christmas. And they LOVE them!
Hugs for Santa! So sweet, I love those kids and I love Santa.
On Christmas Eve Aleah and Cade enjoyed playing in the snow. It was so much fun to have snow for Christmas this year. We soon learned that we have a really big driveway, but Aleah and Cade love helping Brad shovel with their new shovels.
We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house. We did many crafts.
Decorated graham cracker houses.
Cade loved making snowmen by his house.
Aleah made some snowmen and bushes and of course, some "ice skittles"
We made some borax crystal ornaments. Aleah and Cade had to keep checking to see if their candy canes were sparkly yet! They loved making these ornaments and they were super easy.
We had dinner and we went looking at Christmas lights. We did a three way call on our phones so that we could all visit while we looked at the Christmas lights, it was fun. Then we all headed to our own homes for the night.
When we got home Cade was on the look out for Santa! The night before I had to wash Aleah's sheets because she had too much sugar and threw up, fun times. I used a little bottle of blue liquid soap that my mom gave me when I went to college. Aleah and Cade have never seen it before and I accidentally left it by Cade's sink. So when we got home on Christmas Eve Cade went in to brush his teeth and saw the bottle of soap by his sink. He came running out of his bathroom yelling, "Mama, Santa be here, Santa be here! Look what Santa give me! What is it Dad?" Brad told him that it was a bottle of blue soap to clean clothes. He was so excited and said, "Mama, Santa give me a bottle of blue soap! He give it to me right here, right by my sink!" What a cute boy he is!











No comments:
Post a Comment