Friday, January 25, 2013

Travel, ugh, it must be January!

January is a big travel month for Brad.  It is hard on ALL of us!  We are nearing the end of his second trip.  This one is the longest of the three for this month.  He went to New York.  This week he is in Maryland.  Next week he will be in Milwaukee.

So what have we been doing at home?  We spent a weekend with my sister BreAnne and her kids at my parents' house since her husband Tyler was out of town for work as well.  It was so nice!  We had a great time.  It was fun to stay up and visit with Bre and my parents after the kids were in bed.

We have been going to story time at the library.  We love story time!  Aleah and Cade got an elephant mask to color and cut out.  They both colored their masks like rainbows.  Cade cut his into a puzzle and Aleah cut hers into a mask all by herself!  She wore it almost the rest of the day.

We tried out some fingerprinting.  Aleah and Cade loved it!  Cade was so excited that he got to use his fingers.  He always wants to use his fingers when he does water painting, but I make him use a brush.  So this was really fun!

Cade has been trying out the word, I.  He uses it all the time.  "Wait for I.", "Mommy, watch I!", "Come with I."  Sometimes he will start out with the word, me, and then quickly switch to, I.

Cade has been going through a Daddy phase lately and so having Brad gone has been super hard on him!  Bed time is the hardest.  He usually doesn't even want me at bed time.  A few nights ago as I tucked him in he said, "I go to sleep and Daddy come home!"  I said, "No, Daddy will be home in five more days."  He just kept repeating it and was sure that he was right and I was wrong.  The next morning when he looked in my bed he said with a surprised look on his face, "Where is Daddy!"  He cries every night and says, "I just want Daddy come home now!"  All I can say is, "Me too! Me too!"

Aleah said the sweetest prayer last night, "Bless Daddy to come home in two days.  After this day is over and the next day starts then it will be one day.  Bless Daddy to come home!" and that was her entire prayer.

Yes, we are missing Brad like crazy!

I realized that we never took any pictures of our home once we moved in.  We were a little busy!  So I took a few pictures for those of you who want to see it finished.  I have not decorated yet!

Cade's room 

Aleah's room

Aleah's and Cade's bathroom

Master bedroom

Master bathroom

Play room

 Our beautiful railing.

Family room

Family room, breakfast nook, and kitchen.  I am LOVING my kitchen!


The half bathroom has been so nice to have.  It is right off the kitchen next to the mudroom.  Which makes it nice because the kids can wash up after meals on their own and use the toilet as we are getting ready to leave.


Front entry with formal dinning to the left and music room to the right.


The front door wasn't painted until a few days before we moved in.


 The front of the house

The last few days we have been having fun with cousins, Emma, Grant, and Braedan playing at our home!  I'm so thankful for my family and friends who help me survive while Brad is out of town!

1 comment: