January is always a big travel month for Brad. So we wanted to spend as much time with him as we could before all his travel started. He didn't have to work from December 24th until January 5th. That's 13 days! It was so wonderful.
We started our new year off with a clogged toilet. It started acting a little funny the Friday before Christmas, but we didn't have the right tools or the time to fix it until after the New Year. I could not figure out what was clogging the toilet. The kids are so good at not putting things in the toilet, they know the rules! And that Friday we weren't even home very much. That was the day that we did service, we cleaned the basement.
So Brad went to Home Depot and got a wonderful tool that went down in the toilet. The item that was clogging the toilet got stuck on the metal coil and came right out. I looked at it and said, "I don't even know what that is!" Brad said, "I think that it goes on a belt that holds nerf gun bullets." Then it all came back to me and I had an idea of what happened.
I took the garbage can, from the bathroom, down to the basement while we were cleaning so that we could throw away old toys and things. I handed some things, including the part of the nerf belt, to my nephew Braedan and asked him to put them in the garbage. He walked past the garbage and went up the stairs. When I called to him he didn't come back. I just figured that he would put it in the kitchen garbage and then come back down. When he came back down I figured that he put it in the kitchen garbage and went on with the day.
In the end, I'm just thankful that we were able to get it out without taking the toilet off! I'm also thankful that I have a husband who is able to fix things around our house. He is so handy!
We set up all the gymnastics equipment in the basement. We got some rubber floor squares from Costco to add a little padding under everything. Aleah and Cade had fun helping us put the puzzle together.
We had a late night at my parents' house. Aleah and Cade went to sleep in my parents' room. Then we lit a couple of wish lanterns with some of their neighbors. It was fun to see all the lanterns going up! We also got to watch a movie on my parents' new TV. It was a fun night!
We all got post-it notes in our stockings. It has been fun to get notes from Aleah and Cade. We have all been writing notes to each other. It's cute to see the notes that Aleah and Cade write. I love it!
We took a day and drove up to Midway to see the ice castles. We had fun pretending that we were in an ice castle like the one that Elsa makes in the movie Frozen. Aleah said, "Elsa's ice castle is prettier." That's very true, but we still had tons of fun!
We had fun spending time as a family while Brad had time off from work. I really can't get enough of my family. I love them so much and really enjoy being with them.


















No comments:
Post a Comment