I like to decorate for birthdays the night before, after the kids are in bed, so that they wake up to decorations and balloons for their birthday. For Cade's birthday Aleah was so excited to help me decorate, she just couldn't wait! So we all did it together a couple of days early. We also made Cade's volcano for his volcano dinosaur cake. It was fun! Cade took some pictures of us making his volcano.
Brad was on a camp out with the young men from our church (the priests) the night before Cade's birthday. So my Mom helped me out by bringing me some balloons after the kids were in bed. At least I got to surprise him with birthday balloons. He loved them!
Cade is so silly! His favorite thing to do is to stick out his tongue for pictures. For his birthday breakfast he wanted oatmeal with raisin toast.
I love how his cake and volcano turned out. Cade had a dinosaur birthday party when he turned 1. He loves to look at the pictures of his party in his baby book. He decided that he wanted a dinosaur party again. This time he wanted the volcano next to the cake. When he turned 1 I made a volcano cake with dinosaurs on it.
Before the party started Aleah made a note to go on the front door so that everyone would know that they were at Cade's party.
We were so glad that Brad was able to make it home right as the party was starting. We were also very blessed to have a lot of family come to Cade's party! Cade was so excited that his Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey would be home from their mission just in time for his party. Also, Cade's Uncle Joel, Aunt Sonya, Aunt Crystal, Uncle Todd, Aunt Rachel, Uncle Nate, Grandma Great, Grandma Bushman, Grandma Stone, Grandpa Stone, and lots of cousins were able to come. It was such a great party! When we were planning Cade's party he wanted to invite ALL his family, even the ones who lived far away. He said, "If they can't come then that ok, but I want to invite all the cousins and Uncle Todd!"
Cade picked his games. He started off by putting together a dinosaur puzzle. Then we played pin the spike on the dinosaur. Cade even helped choose the dinosaur for Brad to print.
Since Grandpa Godfrey is a magician and he was home from his mission, Cade wanted him to do a magic show at his party. It was a fun magic show!
Cade is trying to get King Tut to go in his tomb.
The milk in the newspaper trick was awesome!
I wish I had a picture of Cade's face at the end of the milk trick. It was pure amazement and joy!
After Grandpa pulled all the hankies out of his box, Cade reached in and pulled out a little bear.
We all enjoyed the magic show!
After seeing that it didn't get on the cake he tried it out.
It was an awesome volcano!
Cade had fun opening his presents and playing with his cousins!
After the party, Cade had fun setting up his race tracks with his Dad and Grandpa Godfrey.
We were all so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey. We are thankful that they served a mission for our church, but also thankful to have them home. That night we went out to dinner at Golden Corral. Aleah enjoyed being with her girl cousins. She is usually surrounded by boys. It is nice for her to get to spend some time with some girls!
It was a fun birthday for Cade! And a fun day for all of us. I enjoyed celebrating his birthday with him and spending time with our wonderful family.
Cade is such a happy boy. He loves to do service for his sister. He loves to help me make dinner. I love it when he helps me. It's nice to have a helper. He is also a talker. Sometimes I laugh because he talks non stop, but I love the cute things that he says and his voice is the cutest!
I'm trying to soak it in because I know that it will change as he gets older. An example is, he says, "baboose" instead of caboose. He loves trains and told me the other day that he wants to be a train conductor when he grows up. With his birthday money he bought a train whistle.
When Cade asks for a drink at bedtime he says, "I just want a little lots." When we bring it to him he says, "Thanks. Is it a little lots?" Since we have no idea how much a little lots is, we usually say, "Yes." Most of the time we get it right, but there are the times that he makes us try again because it is not a little lots.
Lately Cade has been saying, "Mom (or Dad), I'm going to talk to myself now." It is so kind of him to let me know so that I don't try to figure out what he is saying or try to be included in the conversation that he is having with himself.
I love Cade's "What if…" stories. He has a "What if there was a guy…" story for every situation that we talk about. We were talking about his birthday and he said, "What if there was a guy and he turned four and then he turned back three!"
I can not even tell you how much I love this boy! I am thankful every day that he is a part of our family. I am so blessed! I have an amazing husband and two amazing kids. Cade still gives me the best hugs. The other night as I was tucking him in bed he said, "I want you to be my Mom forever!' and then he gave me a squeeze hug. I can't say no to that! I want to be his Mom forever.



















No comments:
Post a Comment