We had a really fun Pioneer Day. We started our day off with some boating. When Aleah woke up we asked her if she wanted to go on Grandpa's boat. She said, "Yes!" We got her in her swim suit and she had to wear her sunglasses because she was so excited. Even though she doesn't look like it in this picture!
I have not been able to wakeboard for the last two summers. It was a lot of fun for me to get to wakeboard. I am not in as good of shape as I use to be. I have to say that I use to be pretty good. Well, hopefully I can get better, but it was still fun!
Brad, of course, is still super good!
We both had some really good crashes. I was very proud of myself for catching this one.
Here is Cade and Aleah on the boat before we left. I can never get Aleah to look at the camera.
She tolerates him sitting against her for a minute, but this is a very common picture. Haha, maybe she just needs her space.
Here is Aleah in her life jacket. I guess profile shots will have to do for awhile :)
After boating we went home for lunch and naps. Then we headed over to my parent's house for a pool party, dinner, and fireworks. I was very impressed with how comfortable Aleah was in the water.
Cade really enjoyed it also. He just kicked his little legs and munched on his hand. His hat is too small now. I guess his head has grown since we went to Hawaii.
Aleah loved jumping in! She would jump in and then get out and go do it again. One of the times that she was going to jump in she tripped and hit her head on the cement. Poor girl, I hate it when that happens! But she didn't let that keep her down for very long. A few minutes later she was playing again.
My brother put on a great fireworks show for us. It was really fun! He had all the little ones set up so that they would set each other off. It was almost professional. I had fun playing with my camera. I've been reading a book about how to use my camera. So I was trying out a few different settings. I still have a lot to learn, but I think I got some cool pictures of the fireworks. Hopefully all you professionals will go easy on me!
After the fireworks we packed up the kids and went home. Cade didn't even open his eyes once. I moved him from the crib at my parents house to his car seat and then to his crib and he stayed asleep the whole time. Aleah stayed asleep until we put her in her car seat, probably because she has to sit up. She was so funny on the drive home. She would look out the window, say something that we couldn't understand and then bust up laughing. Once we put her in her crib she was out. I think the fact that we got to party and Aleah and Cade still got their sleep made the night even that much better!















Those kiddos look so cute and natural in the boat! Way to go on the wakeboard!!!! Sounds like a great Pioneer Day! Also, I think your fireworks pictures turned out great!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all your pictures of your wonderful family. We missed you at Lake Powell but you look like you still have it wakeboarding!
ReplyDelete