One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is all the fun traditions. We love going up to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to see all the beautiful Christmas lights.
Looking at the nativity and listening to the story is always a special part.
It was fun to be able to go with my brother Nate and his kids Emma, Grant, and Braedan.
And my wonderful parents.
I love these two kids!
I love this handsome man, my best friend and husband!
We had a fun night walking around looking at the lights and of course, the fountains. It got a little late and so Aleah and Cade fell asleep about two minutes after they got in the pilot.
Gingerbread houses! Or maybe I should call them graham cracker houses. It is fun to see all the different designs. We are very creative in our house. I always like to see what Brad comes up with! Cade left off one of his walls so that they could get air and so that we could see in.
Aleah wanted a tall house.
Brad's house is always fun and unique!
I went for the cottage look.
Here is Aleah's finished house.
My finished house.
Cade's finished house.
And Brad's finished house.
Every year we would get to have home made oreo cookies at my Great Grandma Lila's Christmas party. She would usually hid them so that we couldn't eat them until it was time. So it was our (most of the cousins and usually my Uncle Jeff) mission to find them and then sneak one or two and then secretly tell the others where they were so that they could sneak one or two. It was so much fun! I still wonder if my Grandma had any idea that we would do that. We had to sneak the olives too because she stopped putting them on the tables until it was time to eat so that we wouldn't eat them all before dinner.
This year I made some home made oreo cookies to take to some of our Christmas parties. Yummy!












No comments:
Post a Comment